News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New Blue Line

Started by caddywampus, April 22, 2012, 19:21:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caddywampus

Damn...Sorry fellas for giving yall heart burn. The section of the stream I fished was for decades private waters in an area that the state recently was deeded for game land. It has rarely been fished over the past 75 years and not stocked in several decades. There is a very healthy population of wild trout is this area. The only reason I took two was because I caught 6 or 7 16+inch trout out of the SAME hole. When I am on a true blue line and catch a large wild trout I always throw it back.

I fish 2-3 days a week and have caught over 500 fish this year.... but have only kept a total of 4 (the 2 prior were hatchery supported). I fully understand the problem of poaching and undersized trout in this region, but yeah, sorry again for the heart burn.

Beetle

Welcome to the board.   'c;

BRFFF.  Where you get the help you need and the shit you deserve!

_Fish_Pimp

I would only keep a big wild fish if it didn't revive after trying for a while and I knew it was going to die. I do keep at least a couple stockers each year cause a bait chucker is gonna get em if I release it  8)..like BigJ said that's why the state stocks. Eat as many stockers as you can take...just do like the bait fisherman on opening day and take your limit 3 or 4 times in a day. Please just don't take the wild ones if you can help it.  >:(   The only place in NC I know of with big "wild" fish on the roadside is the hatchery section of the douche  :-* 

P.S. Don't squeeze 'em so much either...Tranny got onto my brother for holding a stogger brown like that :laugh:   jus tryin to help..

Warm welcome brought to you by BRFFF!!  -0-

The Dude

Quote from: caddywampus on April 23, 2012, 19:18:38 PM
It has rarely been fished over the past 75 years and not stocked in several decades.

It has been stocked recently.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: caddywampus on April 22, 2012, 19:21:13 PM
Well, this afternoon, my wife and I went out to a blue line that I have driven by countless times in route to fishing another stream.

I fish 2-3 days a week and have caught over 500 fish this year.... but have only kept a total of 4 (the 2 prior were hatchery supported).

Something about your story seems off.  In quote one you say you've driven past it countless times (implying you've never fished it) and in quote two you say you fish it 2 to 3 days a week and have caught over 500 fish.

Grannyknot

Quote from: The Dude on April 23, 2012, 19:57:54 PM
It has rarely been fished over the past 75 years and not stocked in several decades.

It has been stocked recently.

agreed
funny thread though
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

thamilton89

He said "I fish 2 or 3 times a week" he didn't say he fished that IT 2 or 3 times a week.

Big J

Quote from: thamilton89 on April 23, 2012, 20:22:55 PM
He said "I fish 2 or 3 times a week" he didn't say he fished that IT 2 or 3 times a week.

Ohhhhh  ;D my bad

_Fish_Pimp

Most wild fish look different than stoggers...and I don't think you should be fishing on the roadside if you live in Ashvegas... I know I wouldn't be.
Here's a good question nobody has asked yet...how do you know about it and no one else does and its on a roadside?  ???

caddywampus

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on April 23, 2012, 20:53:05 PM
Most wild fish look different than stoggers...and I don't think you should be fishing on the roadside if you live in Ashvegas... I know I wouldn't be.
Here's a good question nobody has asked yet...how do you know about it and no one else does and its on a roadside?  ???

who said it was in asheville? i don't typically fish buncombe county. most folks think its still private land + you have to hike in about 1/2 mile to where it gets good.

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: caddywampus on April 20, 2012, 12:46:08 PM
I have been reading BRFF for awhile, and at the prompting of lostnwilderness (coworker), I decided to join. My name is Thomas and I am from the Asheville area. I graduated App last year and spent a good portion of of my time "in school" fishing the high country. I am back in the Asheville area now, and have been hitting the southwestern portion of the state pretty hard. I grew up fishing up high in Jackson and Transylvania counties. I started fly-fishing when I was 16, my Dad handed me a rod a said "have fun". I was never taught by anyone, thus my cast leaves much to be desired and is very blue collar; but I catch fish, lots of fish. Blue lines are the best and my favorite, but I am not above hitting up a DH stream and I don't mind fishing big water. I mainly like feeling the rod bend. I'll hike anywhere for fish....and risk being shot at for that matter. I hate snakes.

Caught this bow yesterday...
^^^^cause you live in the area..... and ashvegas means you live really close to amazing bluelines that aren't on roadsides. I don't actually know anyone that fishes in Asheville. most people fish the surrounding counties.

and plus I didn't say the "blueline" was in Asheville...I said that you live there, which you said in a previous post.

Quote from: caddywampus on April 22, 2012, 19:21:13 PM
You know how you ride by streams or see a particular blue line on a map and wonder how the fishing is?

ride by=roadside
1/2 mile =  2640 feet....thats not far from a road 

AL trout bum

I fish 2-3 days a week and have caught over 500 fish this year....

I call BS
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Txfly

You have purddy, girly hands.
Jus' sayin'

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

QuoteBRFFF.  Where you get the help you need and the shit you deserve!

Now Beetle, who is a great guy, welcomed you proper, but he ain't exactly shooting straight when he says you will get the help you need.   If you seriously need help, be it personal, professional, recreational, or whatever, this ain't the place.  It is however overflowing with the yuk-factor.  And this medium does hold value if you are into exploring mental anarchy.

There is no need to jump to another location.  The only difference I can uncover between this place and that other place is the language, the chuckles, and the leaders, with this chief being only slightly more tolerable than the emperor at the other place.

Tighten your seat belt and enjoy the beautiful ride.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

caddywampus

Appreciate it Mudwall. AND of course the warm welcome from the rest of yall.  'c; I know from being a long-time reader of BRFFF that this place is overflowing with bullshiters and dumbshits. I ain't going anywhere.