News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Season starts!

Started by 5xTippett, April 22, 2012, 14:18:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5xTippett

With the Smith running more water than usual I haven't headed North in a while, so I decided to head West.  I arrived at the river at about 3:30 and rigged up.  Within 30 minutes I had 3 fish, one around 15 or 16 inches. a 14 incher and one that might have been 8 inches if I had stepped on him first.  I figured it was game on and I was going to clean clock.  I proceeded to head upstream and arrived at the parking lot to see a familiar white hippie van with a short fuzzy individual standing by it.  He proceeded to tell me they weren't eating my favorite fly that I had just caught three on downstream.  I hauled buggy downstream from the parking lot to prove him wrong.  After an hour I had caught 2 that might have been 6 inches each.  That fuzzy sucker jinxed me!  I saw some sulfurs coming off and switched tippets and caught some more fish including a decent rainbow.  It got interesting for a little while.  I headed back to the cars and visited with TM, his son and his son's friend and headed home.  I arrived at my house at 1:05 in the morning.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Big J

I love the colors of those Smith River browns.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

5xTippett

Jay, those aren't Smith browns, but they do look pretty neat.   Karl, your fish is still the biggest of the week according to Steve.  He has broken off some nice ones this week but hasn't landed any really big ones.

Woolly Bugger

Nice change up there Ben, I almost went up that way yesterday, but the weatherman convinced that I was going to be driving in the rain both ways....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Keith, It rained on me in Hendersonville on the way up and on the way back.  It just sprinkled on me for a few minutes while fishing.  No rain other than Hendersonville!  I was expecting to drive through rain all the way home, but I lucked out.