News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

just a quickie

Started by _Fish_Pimp, April 19, 2012, 17:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I went to a little creek near Boone after class about 3 and caught a few of those "13" inch browns. I had a big fish flash at a streamer and lost about a 14 incher at my feet. I went up the road after and tried out that little 4' cane rod on some brookies...its just not long enough  b';, I saw a few small fish but they seemed to spook about 30ft away so I wouldn' t have been able to make a good cast to them no matter what. I think there is a place for the little rod on a steeper gradient stream or something where there is pocket water and large rocks to climb on and use as cover. Anyway, enjoy the pics!  :)

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Nice quick trip. 

You must have liked that one brown a lot though to post 3 pictures of it.    :D

_Fish_Pimp

it was pre 4/20...oops  :-*

I did catch 3 but for some reason I took alot of pics of one and none of the other. there are 2 different fish in the picture   ;)

Transylwader

_Fish_Pimp

Grannyknot

The Black Keys rule.
Howards?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

_Fish_Pimp

since this thread is ghey I thought I'd add a little to it and try to make it better. I got on the water today at about 330...it was my day off from school and I slept til about 1  :embarassed: I caught a bunch of brookies and hit another creek on the way back that had some nice wild bows in it. I got a couple videos and one was really good but you only get to see the take...my camera ran out of memory as i was landing it  b';
:D   
---Grannyknot- it wasn't howards, I've never caught anything but bows and some brookies in there.

sorry for the poor quality videos, I'm too poor to afford a go pro and I was alone.  :D

Big J

Too poor?  How much was that boo rod?  ???

_Fish_Pimp

I built it...the blank was made by a guy in Michigan, it cost me about 300 total  ;D

Big J

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on April 20, 2012, 19:40:44 PM
I built it...the blank was made by a guy in Michigan, it cost me about 300 total  ;D

Alright, I'll give that to ya  8)  Just whenever you see "too poor" and bamboo rod in the same post, it raises an eyebrow haha

Grannyknot

Those are some pretty brook trout.
I've caught a brown or 2 in Howards.  That was 7 or 8 years ago though.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

_Fish_Pimp

sorry for all the fishing trip reports, I have to do something with my free time  -0-  I'm just gonna put the pics and stuff from today on this thread  ;D

I got up later than I wanted for going to the soho like my plans were, so I just stayed around Boone again. I found some really nice wild fish, I broke the 2 biggest fish off, one was a rainbow that was 16"-18" and the brown was about the same size. I didn't get a pic of the 14" football rainbow I landed either...he was so slippery I couldn't hold on. I was using an orange wulff and a female adams..just rotating back and forth. with a dropper partridge and orange which attracted most of the larger fish. I didn't count how many I caught but it would have been a pretty big number. I saw some big mayflies coming off that looked like birds, I couldn't grab one though.     Here are the pics!

it looked like it was going to start pouring rain^^ but it held off and I got in some quality solo fishing time  8)

Transylwader

WTG you hotspotting fuck b';