News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Up in dem hills

Started by gamatt53, April 11, 2012, 13:56:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gamatt53

Well I havn't made a report in awhile; partly because I havn't been catching anything worth taking pics of and partly because my PC died and its hard to do this shit on a tablet. Anyway finally compiled some content after  heading north last weekend with a couple buddies to hit a stretch of river I love and also float my new toy for the first time on some bigger water.

Anyways we waded for two days on this C&R stream and the fishin was tough.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Only surface activity to speak of lasted for about an hour on the first afternoon then the high pressure system rolled in and it turned cooler with no cloud cover the rest of the trip. Bunch of these hatching then like a switch it was off and the bite was sporadic the rest of the trip.

Managed to land a few fish here and there. Didn't get many still shots since my buddy just got a GoPro and we were trying that out most of the time.

Ate like a pig back at camp. Deer sausage and eggs for breakfast every morning

Thought I heard this guy for a minute

Floated my new toy on the last day. Picked this thing up recently to float some of the bigger waters around here.

Seems like an ok first craft to learn how to handle the sticks on as its super easy to
maneuver. Plus it has tons of storage with four coolers - we didn't go thirsty.

We were hoping to get into some Smallies but it must have been a little early up there as we only managed a bunch of stocker bows. Still a fun way to spend the day and break in the boat.

All in all a good trip. Didn't have the bug activity like we were expecting but manged a few and had a damn good time.

AL trout bum

Nice trip Keith Stone!!! I miss brown trout.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

robspe7370

Cool boat. Where did you dig it up at? That would make a perfect fishing and gold dredge combo.
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

Holmes

I tucked the butcher knife and held it up to her neck, an i told her.... if you wanna live ta see tommorow, you better start fryin dem eggs a little better than you been fryin' em cuz i'm tired of eatin' slimy, sloppy eggs

Haha love the jesco reference. bd;0

gamatt53

Quote from: Gateway_Angling on April 12, 2012, 09:14:57 AM
Cool boat. Where did you dig it up at? That would make a perfect fishing and gold dredge combo.

Thanks it definitely is unique. Got it off craigslist I had been looking around for a raft for awhile but saw this thing way under my budget and decided to go with it. Figure I got a trailer and fishing frame at least if the thing ever shits out on me.

Quote from: Petey on April 12, 2012, 10:15:14 AM
Haha love the jesco reference. bd;0

It's an endless string of white family jokes when we are up in them parts.  ;D