Main Menu

Warmwater swap

Started by overbrook, April 09, 2012, 21:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

overbrook

overbrook

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 11, 2012, 13:41:45 PM
I'll tie up 6 of these and maybe 6 gurglers too..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Wooly....what is this pattern.....I could have sworn I had heard of a "chili pepper" fly and this was maybe it....but a google search turned up nothing similar.....I'm thinking this would serve as a smallie fly...but also perhaps a carp fly??

Speaking of carp flies....I know there has to be at least one of you dodgy bastages who has a sweet carp pattern to add to this swap....don't be shy...or greedy!   V:; V:;

Woolly Bugger

the copperhead  http://captgordon.wordpress.com/capt-gordons-flies/

Streamer says it's powerful Smallmouth medicine....

I tossed one on the Norfork in AR last year and got six trouts to hit it too...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

overbrook

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 24, 2012, 08:34:56 AM
the copperhead  http://captgordon.wordpress.com/capt-gordons-flies/

Streamer says it's powerful Smallmouth medicine....

I tossed one on the Norfork in AR last year and got six trouts to hit it too...

Freakin laptop! b';  I can't see chit when the sun is shining through the window.....I've been thinking for days that was a deep red. First thing that came to mind was those bright red crawfish.....Oh well......I might tie a couple of these....and I might still do a couple in dark red (I think it might work)...take em' to the Savannah this weekend and put em' in front of a few fish.  -0- -0- -0-

Big J

Haven't forgot the flies.  Just was waiting till I get my apartment for the summer so I had a correct address for you to mail back too.  I'll get them out after graduation this week. 

overbrook

Quote from: Big J on May 09, 2012, 07:20:03 AM
Haven't forgot the flies.  Just was waiting till I get my apartment for the summer so I had a correct address for you to mail back too.  I'll get them out after graduation this week.
Still got 3 + weeks.....I'm still trying to decide on another pattern or two.

tomato can

I am thinking about it.  I could do some furled darners.  I just don't know if I have the time.  I would love to do some much able minnows but I don't think I have enough laser dubbing. 

overbrook

Just a reminder to get off the couch and over to the fly tying bench! The deadline will be more like the middle of June as I will be home memorial day weekend and probably not again till the middle of June...but will wrap it up then.   -0- -0- -0-

Woolly Bugger

dayum, by the time this swap is over those warm waters will be starting to turn cold..

jis say'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

overbrook

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on May 20, 2012, 18:39:01 PM
dayum, by the time this swap is over those warm waters will be starting to turn cold..

jis say'in

Naw...I'm just talkin a week or two.....I'd rather wrap it up a little late than early.

tomato can

Dang put me down for six furled darners.  Size 4.  They will all be soaked in hydrostop so they should float well.

overbrook

A few hot frogs for the warmwater swap.....

Got about two more weeks gents...I plan on being home the weekend of the 15th-17th...please try to get them to me before then!

bullship

Almost done with mine

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

tomato can

Nice what do you call that bullship?