Orvis on line service

Started by troutphisher, April 02, 2012, 09:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutphisher

I just ordered two sets of springs and pawls for an old first series CFO IV reel from the Orvis service center on line. The service was great, with only one hand off to get to the fly fishing expert.

I typed in the model number and year, and he checked with the reel repair center and they had parts on hand and would ship today!!!!!!

I was pleasantly surprised, they had the parts for the reel, Like I said its a first edition CVO with screw locking center spindle early 70's model, and they had parts in stock.
I'll have the parts in 3 business days!!!!!!!!!!

The best part was, I didn't have to waste a phone call, it was all done on line.

I hate talking on the phone for any type of service, or customer support question. Usually you end up getting some fuckstick, who speaks only broken english...."Hi my name is Peggy"  Then you have to try and interpret the questions......Fuck that.....

I have no idea if the person typing back was foreign or native, but with a key board it really doesn't matter, letters/numbers are universal........

The power of the inter-tweeb at its finest.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

benben reincarnated

Pretty impeccable I'd say.  It is always good to hear when a company comes through in an unexpected way.  I concur on the on-line service, I prefer that method myself.

Woolly Bugger

now if they would quite servicing your request and get busy of my broken rod... b'; :;!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!