• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
September 26, 2021, 10:36:18 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

another blown weather forecast

Started by benben, March 24, 2012, 18:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Apparently it was supposed to rain all last night and then storm today, Foulhook and I didn't care, and as luck would have it...neither actually happened.  We fished some new water today, ended up covering about 8.5 miles round trip.  Turned out to be stellar day to be on the water.   -0-

Heading out of town
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
Getting closer

bug life

Nick becoming a video star

had a few of these too
but mostly these
small obstacle

large obstacle

stopping point for the day

I still have some more of these left

Transylwader

shit sakes, I gotto hit up Bullship soon, that creek is right around the corner from his house! Well played gents 'c;

bullship

March 24, 2012, 18:59:04 PM #2 Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 19:05:54 PM by bullship

Saweeeeet!! I hope to get out manana, but i have to fix a bush hog first........ probably won't be fishing. At least i can see what I'm missing. Great photos man

"shit sakes, I gotto hit up Bullship soon, that creek is right around the corner from his house! Well played gents "

What the hell you waiting for? I have shit to do/people to entertain the next two weekends and most of May. The rest of my life is wide open.

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

FoulHook

Quote from: benben on March 24, 2012, 18:36:44 PM

We fished some new water today

Not me, been there, mostly from the top though. The bottom is where the browns are, which is where I'd rather be  -0- Enjoyed it man, and now here comes the leg cramps. More water and food for me next time. This creek will only get better. Did you see those guys getting wrote a ticket for using a can of worms? I also think they were fishing the hatchery section close by, which is out of season. I tried to snap a drive by pic, but I ain't as slick as Woowee.

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: FoulHook on March 24, 2012, 19:10:59 PM

Quote from: benben on March 24, 2012, 18:36:44 PM

We fished some new water today

Not me, been there, mostly from the top though. The bottom is where the browns are, which is where I'd rather be  -0- Enjoyed it man, and now here comes the leg cramps. More water and food for me next time. This creek will only get better. Did you see those guys getting wrote a ticket for using a can of worms? I also think they were fishing the hatchery section close by, which is out of season. I tried to snap a drive by pic, but I ain't as slick as Woowee.

gotta have that camera handy on the drive in/out.. jis in case....

good work on the rock crawling creek, I didn't do swat today....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

peter p

You guys need to stay in Transylvania County and out of my water.   Good job.  Caught my largest brookies in that stream.     

Peter

benben reincarnated

Mike, check your bearings.

Nick, I saw the LEO and the perps as well.  I was wondering what was up.  I saw the backup heading up the road too on my way out.  That is the most NFS rangers I've ever seen in a square 10 miles in any given day.  The angler in question had a fishing vest on, that makes him legit though right?

Peter, that stream definitely isn't hurting for brookies...definitely could see where there would be some bruisers in there.

FoulHook

Quote from: benben on March 24, 2012, 21:23:10 PM

Nick, I saw the LEO and the perps as well.  I was wondering what was up.  I saw the backup heading up the road too on my way out.  That is the most NFS rangers I've ever seen in a square 10 miles in any given day.  The angler in question had a fishing vest on, that makes him legit though right?

Hah, vest... He, his buddy, and his 10 year old kid all had spinning rods; which I have no problem with. I could care less, and so could the authority. Where they were wrong was there was a blue nightcrawler container on the ground between them and the ranger. Since they were at the intersection of a wild creek and a hatchery support water, we don't know which they were fishing. Doesn't matter either way though, because you can't use live bait on standard 'Wild' creeks. You can on hatchery support, but the hatchery support season doesn't open for another couple weeks. Perhaps they didn't know the rules, now they do. Just glad to see some rangers out taking care of our waters. I didn't see any fish on them, but I hope those guys get what they were looking for in about two weeks. Maybe I'll join them for opening day  <-;:

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Holmes

I am glad you guys made the best of it... The weather man was spot on up here though. We had lightning storms both days and many of the creeks are flowing fast and discolored. We needed the rain, just wish it wouldn't decide to hit us hard on the weekend.

Come up some other time, it will be worth the trip... Too many big brookies out there this year...

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Petey on March 25, 2012, 13:16:44 PM

I am glad you guys made the best of it... The weather man was spot on up here though. We had lightning storms both days and many of the creeks are flowing fast and discolored. We needed the rain, just wish it wouldn't decide to hit us hard on the weekend.

Come up some other time, it will be worth the trip... Too many big brookies out there this year...

They definitely ain't SNP brookies, but I was pretty content with how my back-up plan worked out yesterday.   :D

Still looking forward to getting up there some point before too long.

Holmes

Good to see that girdle bug doin' some work. It looks like april 14/15 th is my free weekend this time. My wilderness first aid class moved to the following weekend.

If that dont work I am free later on in may and then summer. It's crazy good terrestrial action up here, just ask mike....

Quote from: benben on March 25, 2012, 13:19:50 PM

Quote from: Petey on March 25, 2012, 13:16:44 PM

They definitely ain't SNP brookies, but I was pretty content with how my back-up plan worked out yesterday.   :D

Still looking forward to getting up there some point before too long.

lostnwilderness

Nice one Ben! 'c;  Never fished that creek but I've kayked it at high high water.  Had some brown trout floating in my boat that day I was so skeered!  Keep the bad ass trip reports coming!  I got 3 more weeks on the IR befo I can get out again.

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

#CommissionsEarned