News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The rippin, the tearin

Started by Holmes, March 20, 2012, 20:07:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

I haven't had too much time for a TR thanks to my final semester obligations, but had some time to scratch one together between studying for exams. Toonage:

Had some time to hit up some different species. Conditions could not be worse. It was either raining every single day, or snow melt was turning the water into a stained mess. The temps were so low that I could hardly get anything to crush a streamer. I had to dredge the bottom with kauffman stone/girdle bug tandem. About 80 percent of the creek was too fast to be fishable. Brutal conditions but I endured.
I started the first day with a few dink bows, then dredged up this decent brown.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Went on to catch about a dozen more. It was slow.

The n
next day I decided to veer up a feeder. Found tons of willing bows. It was too easy. This one wasn't half bad...

The next couple of days had me focused on landing a bruiser leroy on the main stem. Caught alot of average feesh.

Then it finally happened. Bruiser Leroy. Made me greatful for the turning power of my 6wt....

Moved on up the creek and hooked one(biggest wild brown i've ever seen) that owned me and my 6 weight. The fish was broken off in 4 seconds. There was too many obstacles and I couldn't turn him... Damn brut. I will be back.  b';

Then it was off to check out the lower section of a brookie creek. This canyon dosen't see pressure.
The way in:

Could not get this one to hold still:

There were tons of deep holes and cascades. Not too many fish out and about, but this one tends to turn on later in the year anyhow...

Nice hole below the falls. Not even on the map. I landed an 11 inch fish in here, but it flipped off the barbless hook before I could snap a pic. I am sure there are bigger char in there somewhere. I'll be back.

Moved above the falls and began tearing into them with a caddis. One particular pool was loaded with risers. A fish on every cast for 15 minutes. It was insanity. Fish jumping everywhere. Gotta love spring...

Heres a nice colored up cookie cutter from there...

Fast forward to St. Pats. Huge party gonna happen at my house. Over 80 people on theThe list.

There was a Hedo Rick dance competition:

There was a pregame:

The house started to fill up quick. And then all of the sudden everyone showed up. It was party chaos. I stopped taking pictures and started enjoying myself.

There I was having the time of my life, my apartment packed wall to wall with the JMU crowd. I then look up and see my room mate in a state of panic. The security guard was outside. He said he called the cops. We had 10 minutes to kick everybody out. And that was the end of that. JMU has changed so much that I will be glad when I graduate. I won't get to see it all go. The night ended as a smaller hangout but wasn't the high caliber rager people come to expect from us. So it goes....

Sunday had me checking out some brookies again. Needless to say the drainage we hit was loaded with monsters. Toads. Fatasses. Enough of that, i'll let the pictures do the talkin....

Thanks for looking.... ;D

Big J

Dang Petey! Those are some brutes.  Nice to see dry fly action picking up.

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Holmes

Quote from: Big J on March 20, 2012, 20:16:46 PM
Dang Petey! Those are some brutes.  Nice to see dry fly action picking up.

Been rippin and tearin them up on dries.... -0-

tattdflythrower

f*uckin aye petey! 'c; lemme get a rip them sum big darkmoufs!!
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Holmes

tattdflythrower

"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Jfey

You should really learn how to have more fun 'c;  Excellent reportage -0-
Yup, going fishing

benben reincarnated

Damn Jesse.  Killing it.   bd;0

Transylwader

You were always right.Raleigh is substandard & Hburg is the shit. I will never forget this...
Nice browns you got mate, those brookies been eating good too -0-

robspe7370

Smite or not, that looks like some epic fishing.
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

tomato can

Them folks in your apartment don't look like no Mennonites that I am familiar with.....jus saying'

Holmes

Quote from: tomato can on March 21, 2012, 06:13:28 AM
Them folks in your apartment don't look like no Mennonites that I am familiar with.....jus saying'

What's a mennonite??? I don't know any :-\ ;D

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

QuoteThem folks in your apartment don't look like no Mennonites that I am familiar with.....jus saying'

Mennonites are more attractive. 

Darned Jess, from your on-line rep and hook-up bravado I thought you were a Brad Pitt/Wilt Chamberlain morph, and the quality of your female companions would reflect.   But those gals in your pics are mediocre at best!

Let me add:
The fish are impressive, but I am more awestruck by the shortness, and silhouette, of those JMU gals.  Heck, my wife is 50 years old and she has better wheels than those gals!   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Holmes

Did I mention that literally everything at JMU has taken a hit??? The better ones always show up fashionably late. Usually around 11. By that time the Harrisonburg police department busted the party.

Things have changed in this town for the worst. There is quality, just not like it once was. Wilt Chamberlain, now thats a brutha to respect!

And people may have trashed talked tech over the years(especially the JMU people) but I would say that the girls are much better quality. If I wasn't up to my ass in 18 credits I would be down there in a heartbeat on the weekends....

Mennonite girls? Not better. I am not into hairy pits and that is what they have. Lord have mercy.....

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on March 21, 2012, 09:51:49 AM
QuoteThem folks in your apartment don't look like no Mennonites that I am familiar with.....jus saying'

Mennonites are more attractive. 

Darned Jess, from your on-line rep and hook-up bravado I thought you were a Brad Pitt/Wilt Chamberlain morph, and the quality of your female companions would reflect.   But those gals in your pics are mediocre at best!

Let me add:
The fish are impressive, but I am more awestruck by the shortness, and silhouette, of those JMU gals.  Heck, my wife is 50 years old and she has better wheels than those gals!