News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

keeping it local

Started by benben, March 18, 2012, 17:02:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Not feeling too bad after St. Paddy's day and with a little time to kill, Peter P and I hit up some new local water to see what was what.  We ended up going to two new streams.  The fishing wasn't bad, but yesterday's alcohol I think was wearing on our reflexes so our to the hand numbers were low.  Either way not bad for keeping it local. 

passing through

still passing through

I'd reckon' this has been there a while

Peter and his fancy new bamboo rod

quittin' spot...just might have to go back another day

ncguy

I Love fishing new water. Let's quit at the next pool. Okay let's just see what's around that bend. Seriously let's just see what's above this fall...

peter p

It was good to finally get out and break in my new toys.  By far the earliest date I have wet waded. 
Peter

Holmes

The brookies you will catch up here in SNP this weekend could eat them bows. Tie up some fluttering deer hair caddis, the big char or on the surface....

tattdflythrower

im diggin peteys plan  0:0   always great to explore for new feesh  'c;
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

phlyfisher

Quote from: Petey on March 18, 2012, 21:21:20 PM
The brookies you will catch up here in SNP this weekend could eat them bows. Tie up some fluttering deer hair caddis, the big char or on the surface....

:-\ you failed to mention the goddard's bru. floats like a cork, if you can stack hair worth a chit, which i cant.

pretty lookin crick you got there, nice roaches.
0:0
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

benben reincarnated

Petey, will do, I tied some stuff up on Saturday morning that I think will fit the bill for this coming weekend.    -0-

Woolly Bugger

well done gents, PeterP on the water in March? What's the world coming to?

tell more about the boo rod ya got there PP!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

peter p

Won the boo in a CFR raffle.   Sweet 6 foot 3 weight blue line special.   Made locally in Weaverville. 
Peter

Jfey

Nice report and congrats on the new boo!
Yup, going fishing

lostnwilderness

congrats on the new stick!
"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."