In with the old out with the new-TR

Started by phlyfisher, March 17, 2012, 23:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phlyfisher

I must admit the past month has been trying for me. The 20 inch fish in the puke hole river have been playing on my emotions and i needed a change of pace. On a recent trip to the boules woolly mentioned how i needed to go further west if i wanted small stream action. Its been a tune i have heard sung by many now, and with such an itch to fish the head waters i decided that's exactly where i would go. I had only fished one creek up in the area, but i knew it had fish. At this point i needed a fix. I took Petey's suggestion and bought the glass rod. Its a beauty of a crick rod, and she did me well in her first trials. the day started with dinks....

[attach=1]

sorry about the photos foulstench, seems i have misplaced my memory card for my camera. I decided to mess with the saturation and lighting a little bit...hopefully making it somewhat more bearable  b';... 

another dink

[attach=2]

then they started to get bigger...

[attach=3]

Then i preformed weenie voodoo through this run and  thought i had a snag toward the very end of the drift. that little crick rod was bent pretty good. Then i felt a head throb...

[attach=5]

[attach=4]

I was not expecting there to be wild cockroaches in this creek that big. especially in a hole the size of a kitchen sink.

....uno mas....

[attach=6]

i continued to smack the roaches around for quite some time but i wasn't here for the infestation that seemed to dominate the water. I wanted to get some lovin' from the freckled little clowns. I knew i wasn't far up enough into the gradient to really find them, but i didn't mind catching the easily fooled insects. On the last pool i came to, with light quickly disappearing, i made a few desperate wriggles and managed to at least get one of those little colored up fools.

[attach=7]

[attach=8]

Took me awhile to get this one up, these events took place earlier this week. I was in desperate need of this fix, even if its only cookie cutters. My old fascination with small streams has come back to haunt me and i expect my academic career to take a hit because of it. At least it stays light out later. ill drink to that...
0:0
the weekend is still not over, but im sure by the time it is there will be more crick action from mclovin and his mcpunes. till then gents  -0-

live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Woolly Bugger

step away from the Photochop! You cannot make improvements to your photos and the brookies with Photochop effects!

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bullship

Good shit! I'll take some photochopped photos over washed out, colorless, blurry fucking mess phone photos anyday. Yours are a little of both, but I'm not here to judge. Good report.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Holmes

Transylwader

Damn dude, you sure know how to dirty up a pretty fish, stop fisting! Bedroom antics don't belong stream side. No more Mclovin!

Stone-Man

Damn fine report.  Great fish and great flicks
We are starting to get the good dry fly (Thunderhead) bite in Deep E Tenn. now  Fun shit fer sure

JT

phlyfisher

Quote from: Stone-Man on March 21, 2012, 16:41:16 PM
Damn fine report.  Great fish and great flicks
We are starting to get the good dry fly (Thunderhead) bite in Deep E Tenn. now  Fun shit fer sure

JT

Thanks JT. yea there is no doubt dry fly is heating up. the quills on this crick were literally everywhere, no rising fish though. i think the extra water threw them off, most fish were glued right to the bottom behind rocks. it wont be long till i can go up through there and tear them up on some dries!
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Grannyknot

Nice TR.  I kindof liked the pictures.  Something different.
Big fan of the Fleet Foxes.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

phlyfisher

Quote from: Grannyknot on March 22, 2012, 15:45:06 PM
Nice TR.  I kindof liked the pictures.  Something different.
Big fan of the Fleet Foxes.

Thanks Grannyknot. i just found out about them, very eclectic sound which i like very much. pandora gives up a good one every now and again but it has become a rare occurrence. If you listen to one genre for more than 2 or 3 hours you've probably heard all of them....
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

OldDominionAngler

Well played, the last bow looks like more than a cookie cutter for a wild stream.  'c;

Good song choice too, even though the person that created the video decided to only use pictures of the Rockies  b';.  I've been lucky to catch the Fleet Foxes 3 times in DC, a band worthy of the hype, IMO.

phlyfisher

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on March 23, 2012, 10:07:56 AM
Well played, the last bow looks like more than a cookie cutter for a wild stream.  'c;

Good song choice too, even though the person that created the video decided to only use pictures of the Rockies  b';.  I've been lucky to catch the Fleet Foxes 3 times in DC, a band worthy of the hype, IMO.

Thanks man, that spotted up little bastage surprised the hell out of me. if ya'll like the fleet foxes you should check out the great lakes swimmers as well. Little different sounding but the vocals are spot on.
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing