News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

FishPond "Arroyo" ChestPack

Started by troutboy_II, March 13, 2012, 18:25:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

Just ordered one of these on sale at Madison River Fishing Company.  Normally $69 - Clearance at $39 - last year's color I think.  Been talking about trying one of these, even saw one at Kevin Howell's this weekend and came close, so I was surprised to come across this deal.  If I hate it, you'll have a chance to buy it real cheap here.  But I'm hoping it will get me out of carrying around the world with me in a vest.

How many folks prefer packs of some sort to vests now and why?

Thanks.

TB

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

troutboy_II

Nope -we don't wonder why they go out of business - we know why.  Actually, I originally planned to buy it from Kevin, but $30 is a huge discount that I doubt he would match.  I'm not rich, so I make no apologies for that.  Fair competition is the very fabric of American economics.  I doubt many on this Board would disagree with that.  Where the argument might start would be the definition of "fair."  But I rather not start that argument.  Again.

Since I spent about $60 with Kevin last Saturday, I don't feel like I was not supporting the local provider.  And last time I looked, DRO seemed to be doing pretty well, even in this economy.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

FoulHook

Don't worry, Kevin and DRO get's plenty of my money, enough to make up for your money saved I'm sure.  -0-
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.