News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

brookies and brownies

Started by _Fish_Pimp, March 08, 2012, 22:54:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I thought I'd post a quick fishing report from the past couple of days and today. I got out of class early on tuesday (about 2:30) and decided to go give some of the freshly stocked fish some sore lips. I caught about 30 or so...whos counting anyway and only took a picture of one nice stocker brook...most of the fish were caught on EVERYTHING I threw...nymphs, streamers...even stimulators cause the pellet heads like to eat pink thingamabobbers  ::)
Today I decided to do some real fishing and catch some brookies on dries, I went up on the parkway and stopped at a nice little spot and 4 of my friends showed up so fishing that ended pretty quickly. I caught 2 nice ones on some bushy lil adams dries. I was kind of frustrated since I drove all the way out there and had to share the river thats 4ft wide with 4 people  b'; we got done fishing by 4:30 (started at 2:45) so I drove further down the parkway and caught some nice browns on dries and one on a dropper PT. I ended up satisfied finally and took some frustration from midterms this week out on some troots. It was a pretty decent day, I don't think the cloud cover and cooler weather than was forecasted for today helped much with the dry fly action and neither did that snow this past weekend. Sorry about having only a couple pics, I just had my phone and I didnt wanna choke those poor brookies to death trying to get them to smile.  ;D

_Fish_Pimp

Yup, It was fat and I wanted to see how much it weighed.  :-*

phlyfisher

i wouldnt mind catching a stockard that big  'c; nice feeshes man  -0-
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Transylwader

The trout God's of Virginia are frowning heavily upon your unethical methods. Stocked trout, thingamabobbers, heck, why not chuck a pink weenie while you're at it :embarassed:
No worries Jon, some people are just fucking nasty. I applaud you for getting out and harassing those bastages 'c;

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Transy is mistaken.  There are only trout demigods in VA, no trout gods that I know of.  Both of my parents are human, so I fail to make the list.  I do however have a VA friend that claims to be a trout demigod.  I know for a fact that his mother was human, a real harlot and ex-UVA cheerleader.  This tramp slept her way through the entire athletic sector in the early 50s, and was oddly awarded a 4 year degree in Anthropology.  She birthed one child, my friend, 9 months after a night of debauchery on the banks of the Fluvanna River.  Story goes she was inseminated by Bunyip, the mythological creature that lurks in creeks, riverbeds, and swamps.  Bunyip usually takes humans for food, but this particular evening the Bunyip was feeling randy.  Personally I don't think my friend is a demigod, because I ain't sure if Bunyip is a god.  He may be nothing more than a flippered, horse-tailed critter that likes water. 

And Pimp, you take your midterm frustration out on your brain cells via drink, smoke, or pharmaceuticals, not trout.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon