new 3wt bamboo rod and a brookie graphite rod

Started by _Fish_Pimp, March 05, 2012, 15:05:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

Freshly built bamboo fly rod, thomas and thomas caenis taper 7'6" 3wt 2/2 with a nice burled wood slide band seat with black hardware. black guides and nickel silver super z style ferrules. gossamer chestnut silk wraps with dark brown tipping. 4 coats of minwax helmsman spar urethane on the wraps. AAAA classic half wells grip. dark flamed. -$400
new 6' 2wt 4pc brookie rod with struble vermillion wood d2s reelseat, custom turned bamboo burl grip, fire orange silk wraps on a brown sevier tiger eye blank with light snake guides -$100
new L.L. bean kennabec chestpack -$20
I'm in Boone nc if you wanna meet somewhere and check them out, and I'll be in winston-salem on friday.[attach=1][attach=2]

Beetle

Did I see the boo rod Saturday night at the TU banquet?

_Fish_Pimp

yea I was there working the trout bingo board, I refinished it since then...I didnt like how the wraps turned out  :D

DaAx

Brotherbear, I'd jump on that if I didn't have four 3wts already...nice piece.
Monkeys make anything funny...anything...

_Fish_Pimp

new price 375 for the bamboo---Its a beautiful rod, someone on here needs it I'm sure  ;D

_Fish_Pimp

No takers? come on this thing is beautiful and casts like a dream  ;)            price lowered again---- $350

_Fish_Pimp

so noone wants a great deal on a bamboo rod for $350 or a 2wt brookie rod for $100? come on you can't get a walmart rod for 100 bucks well thats a lie...but that stuff is junk!  :o and theses rods are both NEW!

rbphoto

I'd love to have both of them but I just can't spend the $$ right now.

Nice deals on nice rods.

Raymond
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

smokin hog

I

_Fish_Pimp

2wt brookie rod is pending trade.

I'm lowering the price on the bamboo caenis taper rod again. Please buy this rod!! I need it gone! $325....its a brand new rod! You're not going to find a better bamboo rod for cheaper, unless you like wet noodle south bends. Im not lowering the price because its not a good rod, I just don't need it! Im kind of confused why no one has jumped on this...the economy isn't THAT bad... b';

Big J

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on April 02, 2012, 14:43:43 PM

I'm lowering the price on the bamboo caenis taper rod again. Please buy this rod!! I need it gone! $325....its a brand new rod! You're not going to find a better bamboo rod for cheaper, unless you like wet noodle south bends. Im not lowering the price because its not a good rod, I just don't need it! Im kind of confused why no one has jumped on this...the economy isn't THAT bad... b';

Patience grasshopper, patience.  You can't expect to post up a $400 bamboo rod and expect it to be sold in less then a month.  You's at the low rent district my friend.  -0-

FoulHook

Quote from: Big J on April 02, 2012, 15:49:24 PM
Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on April 02, 2012, 14:43:43 PM

Patience grasshopper, patience.  You can't expect to post up a $400 bamboo rod and expect it to be sold in less then a month.  You's at the low rent district my friend.  -0-

And perhaps a better smite/post ratio would ease the minds of would-be purchasers...
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

The Dude

Yeah, try to get your smite count up over 500 so you can have some real street cred over here.

"Three Forks Crew 4 Life!"
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

_Fish_Pimp

NewTyer1

I've looked at this post over and over and would love to have a nice bamboo rod but, times are tough. I'm sure it's that way for lots of folks. I guess I will just keep looking at it. Sorry I can't purchase it. Perhaps if I can off load some stuff although thing are getting minimal as far as stuff to sell.
Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT