News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

sketchy stuff in Pisgah NF

Started by benben, March 02, 2012, 07:34:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Just a heads up, saw this on the late news as I was dozing off last night, here is the alert I found this morning:

NEWS 13 ALERT: Two men on horseback are wanted for threatening visitors in the pisgah national forest. Park rangers say the men approached several campers last night in the Turkey Pen and Bradley Creek areas. That's off Highway 280 near the Henderson/ Transylvania County border. Visitors are being urged to avoid this area until the men are questioned. Rangers say if you see them, call the ranger...s station. The suspects are described as two white males. One is said to be in his late 20's or early 30s wearing dark clothing. The other man is said to be in his late 40s to early 50s wearing a red and plaid shirt. They may be on horseback and have large bags. Do not approach them they could be armed.

gamatt53

Told them they had a pretty mouth? Or maybe the campers were just stoned and paranoid haha. I spend a little bit of time in that area but our usual camping spot is off the trail

snagaluffaguss

Hope its just a misunderstanding.

People on horses can be like people on motorcycles a lot times.

Nothing cracks me up more than the "from 'round here guy cowboy" or the "tough guy biker dude" that is more often than not a middle aged systems analyst or money market manager on the weekdays. 

There's nothing wrong with horses or motorcycles or the majority of their riders.  Its just those jokers who try to play up the part, especially if they think the folks around them are more likely to believe it.

benben reincarnated

Seems all is well now:

Authorities with the U.S. Forest Service say visitors can once again enjoy the Bradley Creek and Turkey Pen areas of the Pisgah National Forest. 

The areas were re-opened to the public after being closed last night following an alleged incident between two groups of visitors.  The two men who were sought for questioning have been found and interviewed.  No arrests were made, and no charges were filed.

Last night, the Forest Service said two men on horseback were allegedly threatening visitors in the Pisgah Ranger District.  Rangers say the men approached several campers in the area off Highway 280 near the Henderson-Transylvania County line.