• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!!!!. Please login or sign up.
September 23, 2021, 02:57:18 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.


Karma chart - say what?

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, February 28, 2012, 10:59:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I just noticed the Karma chart.  What does all this mean?  And how does Karl have a +1203 Total Karma?  I smell fetid play, shenanigans, tomfoolery!  Even though I don't understand the system, I call foul; the system has to be rigged.   

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Transylwader

Check out the SOTD thread .

The Dude, followed by Snag, Get Bent and then, your's truly. Someone said it was penis envy. I think I get smited coz I'm Saffa, fukkin racist bastards >:D

I can't speak for The Dude, Snag or 'Bent...


phlyfisher

Quote from: Transylwader on February 28, 2012, 12:10:18 PM

Check out the SOTD thread .

The Dude, followed by Snag, Get Bent and then, your's truly. Someone said it was penis envy. I think I get smited coz I'm Saffa, fukkin racist bastards >:D

I can't speak for The Dude, Snag or 'Bent...

yep...its definitely cause your a saffa   :-* oy, sorry mate...try being a yankee for a day, you got it easy

live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Grannyknot

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 28, 2012, 10:59:16 AM

I just noticed the Karma chart.  What does all this mean?  And how does Karl have a +1203 Total Karma?  I smell fetid play, shenanigans, tomfoolery!  Even though I don't understand the system, I call foul; the system has to be rigged.

Think of it in terms of a simple psychological or sociological experiment.

Simply put...

people in general (and especially the kind of assholes that sports like fly fishing attract) are much more likley to take a negative action when they dislike someone or something someone has said, than they are to take a positive action when they like someone or something someone  has said.  There is a direct correlation between this kind of behavior and the degree of  anonymity that one is afforded.  That is to say with more anonymity comes a greater likelyhood of negative responses.

Think about how catey folks can be when the despised party is not present as opposed to their behavior when he or she is.

I would hypothosise that if anonymity were taken away you would see an imediate reduction in the level of negativity and an imediate increase in the level of positive response.

That is to say...

people in general (and especially the kind of assholes that sports like fly fishing attract)...

are PUSSIES.

;)


troutphisher

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 28, 2012, 10:59:16 AM

I just noticed the Karma chart.  What does all this mean?  And how does Karl have a +1203 Total Karma?  I smell fetid play, shenanigans, tomfoolery!  Even though I don't understand the system, I call foul; the system has to be rigged.

Its remedial math....??????

A positive number minus a negative number...... If a+ > b-  then the sum is positive.....
Remember the number line from elementary school?

Fuck you can't be this stupid can you?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Honestly Phish, I never really think about stupidly.  I believe the Karma deal is becoming clear.  As I've detailed before, I believe there is an exorbitant amount of leg humping going on.  I failed to grasp the correlation, and for that I am damned stupid. 

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutphisher

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 28, 2012, 21:44:39 PM

Honestly Phish, I never really think about stupidly.  I believe the Karma deal is becoming clear.  As I've detailed before, I believe there is an exorbitant amount of leg humping going on.  I failed to grasp the correlation, and for that I am damned stupid.

Hmm.... how to address your presumption of correlations.

While your vignette of humping legs is rather humorous, perhaps we can observe your responce from an objective approach. Lets give a try..........

Karma pluses or negatives are primarily given or garnered, on content of post, although not always, (but we'll get back to that later) when evaluating a post, one gives thought to content in the context of the web site.

Being that this is a "fly fishing" web site, it is therfore not unreasonable to expect fly fishing content. Or at least dialog containing some reference to fishing at the least.

Occasionally, we get traffic "cyborg ghosts" who disrupt the content with, talking points from one of the many "main stream "news originations", who when confronted on the content, can not formulate a lucid response, but would rather continue to regurgitate the diatribe of their beloved commentators, with out whom, they can not, nor subscribe to think for themselves.

This dialog tends to be either political or religious in nature for the most part, however not completely attributed to the aforementioned

Now back to the karma. It appears, some who can not think for themselves, would use the karma option to smite, rather than succumb to the realization, that they are indeed mindless. After all it's a click of the mouse, and instant gratification, much like a junky injecting drugs, the relief is instant followed by an elevated esteem seemingly aloft on the winds of delusional greatness.

But eventually, the drug fades and the low self esteem over rides rational thought, thus the cycle continues, ever wanting gratification, they soon give up the simple pleasures in life, and fixate on the "fuck you" factor.

Not unlike the medical testing we see in monkeys, whom even give up sex for this "instant gratification".

There is perhaps, one fatal flaw in this doctrine, one assumes the "fuck you" factor actually makes a difference to the person smitten. And when given the simple fact most of us do not know each other, proves even less effective then the intent.

For most of us, we simply laugh it off and move on, not really giving a fuck.

But for others, it simply stokes the fire, and its not within their grasp to understand, but rather a perplexing axiom, they can never draw conclusion to.

Some eventually quit, while others simply hyphenate their moniker or even change it completely "trying to reinvent themselves" and sneak back onto the site under cloak, only to be unveiled of their own doing by posting useless drivel, exposing themselves yet again, and cycling back through the system becomes routine.

One rational take away from this reply is simple, even to the mindless, fit in or fuck off.

But not both.

Cordially:

Phish

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

The Dude

Quote from: Grannyknot on February 28, 2012, 14:49:36 PM

peddler took the lead.

What the fuck?!?  This is an outrage!

Hit me, boys.

I was born by the river in a little tent,<br />And just like the river I've been running ever since,<br />It's been a long, long time coming,<br />But I know change is gonna come.

The Dude

February 29, 2012, 08:30:50 AM #9 Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 08:58:03 AM by The Dude
Quote from: troutphisher on February 29, 2012, 01:05:51 AM

One rational take away from this reply is simple, even to the mindless, fit in or fuck off.

That about sums up the narrow-minded simpleton nature of so many pricks on this board.  There is a contingent of cogent (yet imbecilic) type A personalities that push groupspeak, selfism and conformity here.  The bully-like coercion by said posters only fosters to propagate ignorance that can spread like a disease among the weak of mind if left unchecked ("we're talking about unchecked aggression here"......but I digress).  I often wonder why people are so loathe to actually broaden their own minds by listening to opposing opinions.  It could be any number of reasons, but more often than not, I believe it comes back to large egos or fear of failure........or spending too much, or not enough, time on mommy's teat as a child.

And while politics and religion often provide a battlefield for boorish behavior, neither have anything to do with it.  At the source, it is the personality deficiencies of the individuals that make for such a combative (and smite-ridden) community.  And yet, I too am part of the problem in that I will fire back with my own rhetoric because I don't want to see the widespread perversions of minds here.

But at the end of the day, I'm not down with giving a bunch of old guys rusty trombones and cleveland steamers, so I guess that means I (and others like me) deserve to be smitten.  And so it goes.

Of course, I could also just create another account and never post under it, but just use it to give my primary username "likes" every time I sign in under the fake one.  But I'm sure that never happens here.......................

I was born by the river in a little tent,<br />And just like the river I've been running ever since,<br />It's been a long, long time coming,<br />But I know change is gonna come.

Grannyknot

Quote from: The Dude on February 29, 2012, 08:30:50 AM

Of course, I could also just create another account and never post under it, but just use it to give my primary username "likes" every time I sign in under the fake one.  But I'm sure that never happens here.......................

message board sock puppets are soooo 2009.

Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Jfey

Wait a minute, did Snaff just call me(and everyone else) a pussy?   The only rational way to respond to this threat is by a smite. :D

(Heavy sarcasm implied) -0-

Yup, going fishing

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Surely there are other options Phish.  I have no desire to either fit in or f*ck off.  Can I have another exam question?  Multiple choice is fine, but this type of question normally has more than 2 options.  I thought Keith was the potentate.  Phish, I will need to see some credentials before I counter, and please outline your official BRFFF responsibilities.  I normally respect authority, but your postings of incorrectly identified insects have made me a bit skeptical.

I got too much amusement from this place that I had to reenlist.  Also, I have pals, non-members, that get irritable if I don't cut-and-paste entertaining comments from this site and pass them on in a timely manner.  In hindsight I should have kept my old handle, but 'Bugman' always seemed a bit presumptuous.  I fail to see that I duped anyone with my new name.

Peace brothers and sisters.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 29, 2012, 12:42:04 PM

Also, I have pals, non-members, that get irritable if I don't cut-and-paste entertaining comments from this site and pass them on in a timely manner.

The good news for brookies thread ought to keep you busy for a while.

The Dude

Quote from: troutphisher on February 29, 2012, 01:05:51 AM

Hmm.... how to address your presumption of correlations.

While your vignette of humping legs is rather humorous, perhaps we can observe your responce from an objective approach. Lets give a try..........

Karma pluses or negatives are primarily given or garnered, on content of post, although not always, (but we'll get back to that later) when evaluating a post, one gives thought to content in the context of the web site.

Being that this is a "fly fishing" web site, it is therfore not unreasonable to expect fly fishing content. Or at least dialog containing some reference to fishing at the least.

Occasionally, we get traffic "cyborg ghosts" who disrupt the content with, talking points from one of the many "main stream "news originations", who when confronted on the content, can not formulate a lucid response, but would rather continue to regurgitate the diatribe of their beloved commentators, with out whom, they can not, nor subscribe to think for themselves.

This dialog tends to be either political or religious in nature for the most part, however not completely attributed to the aforementioned

Now back to the karma. It appears, some who can not think for themselves, would use the karma option to smite, rather than succumb to the realization, that they are indeed mindless. After all it's a click of the mouse, and instant gratification, much like a junky injecting drugs, the relief is instant followed by an elevated esteem seemingly aloft on the winds of delusional greatness.

But eventually, the drug fades and the low self esteem over rides rational thought, thus the cycle continues, ever wanting gratification, they soon give up the simple pleasures in life, and fixate on the "fuck you" factor.

Not unlike the medical testing we see in monkeys, whom even give up sex for this "instant gratification".

There is perhaps, one fatal flaw in this doctrine, one assumes the "fuck you" factor actually makes a difference to the person smitten. And when given the simple fact most of us do not know each other, proves even less effective then the intent.

For most of us, we simply laugh it off and move on, not really giving a fuck.

But for others, it simply stokes the fire, and its not within their grasp to understand, but rather a perplexing axiom, they can never draw conclusion to.

Some eventually quit, while others simply hyphenate their moniker or even change it completely "trying to reinvent themselves" and sneak back onto the site under cloak, only to be unveiled of their own doing by posting useless drivel, exposing themselves yet again, and cycling back through the system becomes routine.

One rational take away from this reply is simple, even to the mindless, fit in or fuck off.

But not both.

Cordially:

Phish

Boy, does that ever sound familiar.
Quote from: troutphisher on October 07, 2011, 21:48:16 PM

Gents,

Perhaps you should approach the question from a different perspective. Think about it for a minute, This is a forum on the Internet, viewed by thousands of folks.

To put this in perspective, think of it in terms of statistics. We have a population of roughly 1200 members, and of those again roughly 500 active members. (by active I am qualifying folks who post once every 90 days).

Given these numbers, lets assume 10% are not really interested in fishing, but instead have other reasons.
If we postulate, we can then say 50 folks are here for other reasons, having nothing to do with fishing or have really no interest in fishing discussion.

Given this information, we can then extract who these players are or whom they might be.
Research some of the posts, by those you suspect, and then you can add weight to the smites or remove weight.

Take the total of the smites, and make a reasonable assumption they were given by the 50 (or if you have refined the number even further) maybe 5 or less.

We can then take a zero net gain approach, and reduce the overall total.

If this doesn't help repairer hurt feelings, your not at a full loss, there is yet another avenue.
One can always choose to quit and rejoin using a hyphenated or truncated handle ....ie Turdboy-Duce.

Although this decision does carry a stigma, and really is only a superficial resolution.

My advise, suck it up or leave.
http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,9127.1305.html
I was born by the river in a little tent,<br />And just like the river I've been running ever since,<br />It's been a long, long time coming,<br />But I know change is gonna come.


#CommissionsEarned