Potential good news for future brookies

Started by Jfey, February 27, 2012, 21:59:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDominionAngler

Your personal opinion about the productivity of the EPA aside.......

The EPA accounts for less than 1% of the federal budget.  What compels folks, when considering the broader picture, to look there to cut money? 

Big J

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on February 28, 2012, 15:32:30 PM
Your personal opinion about the productivity of the EPA aside.......

The EPA accounts for less than 1% of the federal budget.  What compels folks, when considering the broader picture, to look there to cut money?

Never said I want the EPA cut.  I agree we need the EPA.  Now some branches are pretty useless, but the EPA we do need. 

OldDominionAngler

Sorry Big J, wasn't meaning that directly at you...just can't get Rick Perry's big 3 cuts out of my head I guess.    ;D    Of course, we can agree that any budgeted EPA money should be spent as wisely as possible. 

After a few years of living in Arlington and witnessing the epidemic of 20 something bros with bachelor degrees get paid $75K+ a year by a defense contractors to stick their thumbs up their asses for 40 hours a week...I get a little sensitive about where cuts should be made.   :o

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Big J -  My point was there are surely other, more important, vital issues to deal with, and this particular one is very hypocritical coming from a faction where most detest any intervention from the government.   And no, when considering all the other matters facing VA, as well as the rest of the Nation, the ultrasound procedure would not make my priority list.  If the majority of the citizens of VA want it, then it will be law.  If not, then the minority fails.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

The Dude

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on February 28, 2012, 16:04:32 PM
Sorry Big J, wasn't meaning that directly at you...just can't get Rick Perry's big 3 cuts out of my head I guess.    ;D    Of course, we can agree that any budgeted EPA money should be spent as wisely as possible. 

After a few years of living in Arlington and witnessing the epidemic of 20 something bros with bachelor degrees get paid $75K+ a year by a defense contractors to stick their thumbs up their asses for 40 hours a week...I get a little sensitive about where cuts should be made.   :o

Could not agree with you more.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on February 28, 2012, 16:04:32 PM

I can't stand Rick Perry so  0:0 to that!

The Dude

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 28, 2012, 16:39:09 PM
If the majority of the citizens of VA want it, then it will be law.  If not, then the minority fails.

Great line.   :laugh:
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 28, 2012, 16:39:09 PM
If the majority of the citizens of VA want it, then it will be law.  If not, then the minority fails.

Wish that principle was true.  There would be no Obama Care being discussed and that pipeline from Canada to the U.S. would be being worked on.  Don't know if you have been keeping up with the news, but Lobbyist and Politicians are the ones who make the laws in this nation.  Goes for whether your republican, democrat, or the "99%".