News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Need a few more fish around here.

Started by AK Aaron, February 29, 2012, 17:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

Figured a few fish pics would be in order for all you BaRFFFer brethren of mine out there in cyberlandia.

This is from a trip I made this past Saturday afternoon. I went back up to the land and had a look around. Water seemed almost as low as mid summer which doesn't bode well. I flirted w/ a couple decent fish but couldn't connect, felt like a high school party. I did end up with a handful of decent cockroaches for slim water and dry flies only in February.

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

This spot will be so covered over in a bit I'll have to skirt it and a pair of pools, (one above and one below) as they'll be impossible to fish. I hit it for 8 fish before moving on. I would like to see a few better fish in here but I can't bring myself to throw any on the bank and Im not going to try and eat a trout thats less than 10 or 12 inches. Somebody tuned me into a good idea the other day to help them fry out a bit and I might give it a try in this pool and a couple others.
[attach=3]

[attach=4]

[attach=5]

FoulHook

Quote from: AK Aaron on February 29, 2012, 17:28:19 PM
I would like to see a few better fish in here but I can't bring myself to throw any on the bank and Im not going to try and eat a trout thats less than 10 or 12 inches. Somebody tuned me into a good idea the other day to help them fry out a bit and I might give it a try in this pool and a couple others.

You're saying you can turn fry into slabs?  :o 

That's good looking water. Nice to fish dries so early.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Holmes

Put in tin can and let marinate in mustard?  :o

benben reincarnated

phlyfisher

0:0
well done mayne, I thoroughly enjoyed that
-0-
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

blue ridge angler