News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

day for dries

Started by tattdflythrower, February 17, 2012, 19:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattdflythrower

woke up with the sun taunting my thumping noggin' this morning , few too many ronas the night before . dragging my ass outtta the bed put on my long johns n out the door round 10:30 got to the power house about 11 or so after stopping by the fly shop for a new leader n odds n ends . strung up my "new" far and fine and "new bbsIII , trecked up behind a ways and with the sun gleaming through the crystal clear water i tied on a 16 orange stimi after a few casts through a nice riffle up stream bam nice take from a about a 11 incher  wild brownie fought great . i passed on my first fly rod to my older brother today , couldnt stand seein him use a a fly setup that looks like its meant to catch catfish lol all around great day saw alot of bugs , size 14 or say sulphers and sallies  and a bunch of bwo through out the afternoon . springs a coming!
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Aka

Good stuff. I saw blue quills and a few march browns today along w/ the expected blk. stones and lil' midges. Spring is def. coming.

tattdflythrower

yeh i actually had a few black stones land on me a few times today
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

consumnfire1229

RMC received some fresh meat this week.  You should tie up some "stimulating dog pellets" and head up the mountain!
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Transylwader

Aka

I got a few pictures of what I saw coming off.

[attach=1]

Mashed this guys wings up a bit...
[attach=2]

Small stuff...
[attach=3]

[attach=4]

Now on my way to the local DH to throw some newly tied meat at some pellet heads...