News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Buncombe beauties

Started by benben, May 25, 2012, 20:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Peter and I got a start to the holiday weekend by leaving work a little early for some local stream time.  It was hot as hades, so finding a little relief on the stream from the heat was nice. 

shelter abandoned as it were...

browns down low

brookies up high   -0-

the hike out

consumnfire1229

I can't get out until Monday!  That little trickle makes me think those fish would be very spooky?!?  'c;
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

franzenangler

Some of those pictures made me think that if you were a little more stealthy you might have pulled a fish that would fill up the net.... jis observin

good shit
"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

peter p

Quote from: franzenangler on May 25, 2012, 20:14:51 PM
Some of those pictures made me think that if you were a little more stealthy you might have pulled a fish that would fill up the net.... jis observin

My fat ass gave up trying to be stealthy a long time ago.   I am just happy to come home in one piece.   Catching a fish is just an added bonus for the day. 
Peter

AL trout bum

Nice report. Looks like you guys had a good trip.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

benben reincarnated

Quote from: franzenangler on May 25, 2012, 20:14:51 PM

good shit

Naw, probably not Chris.  Browns are few there, and brookies are average for that size trickle.  Plus like Peter said when I have him shit for wearing his bright red Rutgers hat, "the fish are looking upstream.".    :laugh:

lostnwilderness

"I read The Bible once. You know God and Jesus and all them apostles? They were all fishermen, just like me. Yeah, straight to heaven for Mick Dundee. Yep, me and God... We'd be mates."

The Dude

There are bigger brookies up in the North Prong.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: The Dude on May 27, 2012, 18:40:43 PM
There are bigger brookies up in the North Prong.

I have no doubts.

This creek is quite strange, fished it twice now.  Decent browns for a trickle down low, dinks if any brookies mid way, then bigger brookies as you go up higher.  I did better brookie size wise on the first trip.  Have yet to fish it up until it holds nothing though, yet...