News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

goin skunkin tomorrow

Started by _Fish_Pimp, February 15, 2012, 03:19:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

Im gonna go try to get skunked tomorrow, taking the day off from class...hopefully ill find a few fish. its supposed to be around 50 tomorrow in boone. Ill let you fellas know how it goes!  ;D

_Fish_Pimp

soooo, I got skunked on the wild water today....I only saw one fish, I dredged every pool for 5 hours with about 50 different flies. everything from dry dropper to big stone fly nymphs. there was a huge hatch of dark stones but not one fish rose the entire time, i just watched them float downstream. I didnt want to go back without catching something so I stopped on watauga DH and fish were rising everywhere and the stones were coming off in waves every 5-10 minutes, most of them were gray and the only gray fly I had with me was a parachute adams and it was about a 14 or a 16 to match the size of the stones. first cast, a nice rainbow nailed it but it came off. then i moved down and caught a nice brown that was about 14 inches and I caught a bunch of nice rainbows and one that was about 18-20 inches, didnt care to measure it. but it sure was colored up and its fins were nice...not beat up so it must be a holdover or something, he inhaled it. I landed about 20 total, good practice for this spring...I dont care what anybody says, catching any trout, even a hatchery fish is a blast on a dry fly  :D[attach=1]

phlyfisher

nice stockard...lest ya got out ....
{S;
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

benben reincarnated

Hey, it's mid-February, I'd take it.  Good chit.