Fishing with A broomstick

Started by Stormin_Mormon_92, February 14, 2012, 16:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franzenangler

Quote from: overbrook on February 17, 2012, 13:41:10 PM
Quote from: franzenangler on February 17, 2012, 07:08:06 AM
Hahha. Hey ob what's the biggest/longest dead head

u can tie?

If you went articulated...I'm not sure there is a limit.... given like a 12/0 saltwater hook I could probably imagine something in the 12"-14" range easy.....now you have my curiosity peaked....what did you have in mind??  Something for jewfish??  :laugh:

I'm thinking musky wordl championship. I was thinking it would be possible going articulated
"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

overbrook

Here's one I tied a while back....about 10" ...and I'm sure I could go a lot bigger...but could ya cast it??

franzenangler

Wow that's awesome!  I have a feeling the nineweight can handle it, how heavy is it?

Stormin_Mormon_92

im 15 and in college and still get more pussy  p;- and suck the cork of my fly rod 200+ days a year, so ill go with the "no offense"  'c;
Tight Lines, Drunken legs

franzenangler

Quote from: Stormin_Mormon_92 on February 18, 2012, 11:38:57 AM
im 15 and in college and still get more pussy  p;- and suck the cock of my roomate 200+ days a year while snagging fish and putting flies in the mouths of big dead fish, so ill go with the "no offense"  'c;

Fixed..... jis sayin

overbrook

Quote from: franzenangler on February 17, 2012, 18:06:07 PM
Wow that's awesome!  I have a feeling the nineweight can handle it, how heavy is it?

Its really not that heavey....I put minimal lead in it as the hooks alone will probably sink it.....its just damn awkward to cast (this coming from an amatuer with a shitty rod). Honestly this one was tied for musky or Gar....If I was going to tie it strictly for musky I would tie it a little differently and it would probably be a little easier to cast. If I get some time to tinker I'll try to whip something like this up....but it might be a couple of weeks.

franzenangler

Quote from: overbrook on February 18, 2012, 18:44:40 PM

Its really not that heavey....I put minimal lead in it as the hooks alone will probably sink it.....its just damn awkward to cast (this coming from an amatuer with a shitty rod). Honestly this one was tied for musky or Gar....If I was going to tie it strictly for musky I would tie it a little differently and it would probably be a little easier to cast. If I get some time to tinker I'll try to whip something like this up....but it might be a couple of weeks.

The sink tip will sink it fine. And quite honestly I don't think there's any musky fly that's not akward to.cast.  don't go through any uneccesary trouble. If you don't mind my asking what would you do differently for strictly musky?

overbrook

Quote from: franzenangler on February 18, 2012, 19:37:35 PM
Quote from: overbrook on February 18, 2012, 18:44:40 PM

The sink tip will sink it fine. And quite honestly I don't think there's any musky fly that's not akward to.cast.  don't go through any uneccesary trouble. If you don't mind my asking what would you do differently for strictly musky?

If you look closely theres about a dozen strands of braided fibers for the gar...I'd still put a trailer hook in it...but make the body mostly just streamer hair and hackles and shit so it was lighter and swimmier.