News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

intro

Started by _Fish_Pimp, February 14, 2012, 01:50:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

Hey just wanted to introduce myself, my name is Jon some of my fishing buddies call me the fish pimp. I'm a sophomore at appstate and have been fishing since I could walk and fly fishing since I was about 10. I fish just about anytime I don't have class. I like bluelining and tailwaters the most...I don't really even mind hatchery fish. or the douche on occasion...who doesn't like meeting new assholes  0:0  I'm in trout unlimited even if most of them are elitists that never fish, Ive been to the national and regional meetings (met alotta new people)...I usually practice C&R unless I catch a buncha cockroaches and I get hungry  :laugh: I think my favorite fish to catch are browns and brookies in a close second. Anyway if anybody wants to get together and go fishing lemme know, Im always down.  ;D
This seems like a pretty great forum, hopefully I can learn some things from some of you guys.

The Dude

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on February 14, 2012, 01:50:15 AM
I fish just about anytime I don't have class.

The problem that I had in college was the "....anytime I don't have class..." part.  I found that the fish seemed to always bite best during the times I was supposed to be in class.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

ASU is a breeding ground for trout bums....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

FoulHook

I fished a decent amount while I was in school as ASU last 4 years. There are some nice blue lines around there and the surrounding towns, and a lot of them I didn't get to fish (senior year is way too time consuming!). I'd like to go back up and fish some once the weather turns for the best and the time changes. As far as the Douche, I grew up learning to fly fish there, and spent a lot of time in my youth fishing her. She can be good to you, but not often. I try to avoid her as much as possible now, it's gotten a little out of control.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

benben reincarnated

Seems fish pimp is a brand, I have some of their flotant, but haven't used it yet.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Big J

Quote from: FoulHook on February 14, 2012, 09:44:43 AM
(senior year is way too time consuming!)

I'll second that!  b';

Transylwader

Quote from: _Fish_Pimp on February 14, 2012, 01:50:15 AM
or the douche on occasion...
who doesn't like meeting new assholes 
cockroaches
You sound South African :o
Except for the part you mentioned you like hatchery fish, you're in TU and the fact that you actually go to class instead of ditching em and going bluelining {S;
Welcome to the low rent district JH. Good to have you aboard.

phlyfisher

you're doing better than me if you're actually going to classes  :-\ hmm it was music appreciation or the DH for a couple hours forkin around. havent listened to a bit of chopin today, didnt catch shiat either, o well  0:0 welcome though mang.... o, and
pn?
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

_Fish_Pimp

Your south african terms are rubbing off on me. I cant help it! b';
I do skip class...just don't let my parents find out about it, I like to go dick around on DH during the winter and catch em on dry flies...the fish are sipping midges like the soho when the wind isnt blowing. any fishing is better than class, Ill start skipping alot more when it gets a little more pleasant to fish the trickles. Ill put some pics up since this thread is pretty much worthless[attach=1]

_Fish_Pimp

[attach=1][attach=2][attach=3][attach=4][attach=5][attach=6]
[attach=7]
[attach=8]
[attach=9]
[attach=10]
[attach=11]
[attach=12][attach=13][attach=14]

FoulHook

Quote from: Big J on February 14, 2012, 10:41:41 AM

I'll second that!  b';

Maybe I'm crazy, but I'm trying to go back for more.  <-;:
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: FoulHook on February 14, 2012, 18:07:45 PM

I'll second that!  b';

Ahhh, college, the BEST 10 years of my life.....

<-;: -+; d:b -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Jfey

Nice Winston.  Welcome to the party.

I'd pay good money to be as "busy" as I was in college!!
Yup, going fishing

phlyfisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 14, 2012, 18:15:27 PM
Quote from: FoulHook on February 14, 2012, 18:07:45 PM

I'll second that!  b';

Ahhh, college, the BEST 10 years of my life.....

<-;: -+; d:b -0-

your telling me you managed to milk 10 years of goodness from the proverbial teet of what they call "higher education"...well done sir, well done  bd;0
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

_Fish_Pimp

thanks, i just built a biix...winstons are addicting.  -0- I hope I can get out of college in a quick 4...10 is too long!! howd you manage 10 years?  'c;