M4 Video Contest -- could be interesting...

Started by Woolly Bugger, February 10, 2012, 15:59:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Submissions accepted from March 1 - 15, 2012.
The M4 Competition is FREE to enter.
M4 aims to explore the creative and expressive potential of today's most widely owned film medium—the mobile phone. The broad availability of mobile phone cameras puts movie-making in everyone's hands, first-timers and old-timers alike. In partnership with a/perture Cinema, NC Piedmont Triad Film Commission and Wake Forest University's Film Studies program, SECCA is proud to present the M4 (Mobile Media Mini Movies) Competition. From playful to bold to insightful, the M4 Competition invites our community to embark on a video journey—share a story, make a statement, try an experiment. With a mobile phone, anyone can be a movie maker!
Submission Guidelines
Filming must be done on a mobile device such as a cell phone, mp3 player or tablet.
Submission Length
Films can be no longer than 120 seconds in length.
Submission Categories
There are four categories in which you can submit your entry. An entry can only be submitted to one of the four categories. Every year the M4 will have a "Special Theme" inspired by a SECCA exhibition.
The categories are:
1. Narrative
2. Documentary
3. Experimental
4. Special theme: "Pulp/Noir" inspired by SECCA's Tracey Snelling exhibition, Woman on the Run.
Participants can only submit one entry.
Submissions will be accepted from March 1-15, 2012. Submissions must be received no later than midnight on March 15.
Submissions must be uploaded to the M4 Competition Vimeo site at http://vimeo.com/groups/m4competition

http://secca.org/events/m4-competition-mobile-media-mini-movies/
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

this is the only 'video' that I've shot with a qualifying device.... a Moto Krazr

I'm sure it wouldn't be a contender, but I might enter it anyway, 'cause it don't cost to enter...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 10, 2012, 16:12:10 PM
.... a Moto Krazr
that cell phone was popular with blokes in england (enter bad word here) that you's refer to as cigarettes :o