News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Mclovin?

Started by Holmes, February 09, 2012, 16:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

Hey mclovin', you missed out on some great mcfishin' over the weekend.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hit up one of my favorites bright and early. Only problem was, it was dark and dreary. The low temps didn't get them moving like I had hoped. Still hard to complain when the big boys are biting...

The fish on this creek are weary when it comes to pink flies. I've stung them too many times. I had to go the more "traditional" route and use the green weenie. If bugman were still around, he'd be proud of how traditional my methods have become.. 8)

Later on in the day, it started pissing rain. It was like someone flipped a switch and I was hooking up on every cast.

Today I made the mistake of trying something new. Whenever I stray away from SNP, I am sorely dissapointed by the fishing in the national forest. There really is no comparison.
It is pretty though...

This particular creek feeds into a reservoir that they fingerling stock with brook trout. The pelletheads had pretty much invaded that creek. I didn't even bother to photo them they were so damn ugly. I found one pool that had what looked like well over 100 fish in it. A bunch were rising and I mopped up with an EHC. It got old after awhile, it was like fishing at a trout farm.

I decided to try the tailwater section of the same creek. Caught a handful of smallish brookies, then called it a day. Thanks for lookin'.

Woolly Bugger

thanks for the McSuckin
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Holmes

Transylwader

More like McFuckin' b';
Where is Scott Stapp?
The Jefferson is stingy, you should know dat!

Holmes

FoulHook

'c;  Them are big uns. Nice to mix it up a little with the fly selection.  -0- Where was McLovin?
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Big J

You saying you don't want to venture 2 hours south and hit the JNF?  :o

Sick trip.  Nice to see someone catching big brookies in winter.  Hopefully I'll have something to show for Saturday as I hit a new to me stream.

Holmes

His friend didn't wanna make up because some party got cancelled. Mclovin(fogell) got no ride. He has to borrow his friends car to drive to the creeks when he's up here. Weather was shit over the weekend. Although I only caught around 60 fish... I normally do much better when it comes to both size and numbers.

Quote from: FoulHook on February 09, 2012, 17:08:32 PM
'c;  Them are big uns. Nice to mix it up a little with the fly selection.  -0- Where was McLovin?

Transylwader

This would explain why McLovin was awol.

consumnfire1229

Should I be jealous of you or just jealous of the cricks you are able to fish?
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Petey on February 09, 2012, 17:16:26 PM

Although I only caught around 60 fish... I normally do much better when it comes to both size and numbers.

Yeah, sounds like you had a pretty bad day.   ::)

{S;

Holmes

On this particular creek, that is a bad day. I'll take you there when you come up in march. You'll see.....
Oh yeah, caught this fish there last year... ;D

And this one as well. What can I say, that place has the goods when it comes to char... :D

Quote from: benben on February 09, 2012, 18:56:06 PM
Quote from: Petey on February 09, 2012, 17:16:26 PM

Although I only caught around 60 fish... I normally do much better when it comes to both size and numbers.

Yeah, sounds like you had a pretty bad day.   ::)

{S;

JWJ

Quote from: Petey on February 09, 2012, 16:41:31 PM

Today I made the mistake of trying something new. Whenever I stray away from SNP, I am sorely dissapointed by the fishing in the national forest. There really is no comparison.
It is pretty though...

That hole actually used to be loaded with wild fish. But this fall I went up and there were a bunch of Mexicans fishing it with worms and keeping buckets of fish. Next time I went up there. The hole was empty. Came back in early December after a huge rain and it was full of those nasty stockers. Shame really.

phlyfisher

{S; {S;
more like mcfuckin sounds about right to me
and just wait till i get my little corolla back down here from OH. at 38 mpg  highway i will most likely just come up every facking day.
im getting ready to say fuck it and drive up early as chit saturday to go hit the one you showed me last time
o by the way did i mention??
{S;

those are some wicked specks though bru...i hope you fackin marked your calender for next weekend  :-\
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Petey on February 09, 2012, 19:02:25 PM
On this particular creek, that is a bad day. I'll take you there when you come up in march. You'll see.....
Oh yeah, caught this fish there last year... ;D

Good chit indeed.    -0-