Yup, going fishing

Discomidge

Dude named Kim on lead guitar...how can you not like em

Kim 8)

The Dude

Quote from: blue ridge angler on February 06, 2012, 19:30:10 PM
Some good stuff up in here..
I miss when hip hop was done right..

BRA, did you ever check out Dr. Octagon?

"Dr. Octagonecologyst is the debut solo album of American rapper Keith Thornton (Kool Keith) and the first album he released under the alias Dr. Octagon. It was released May 6, 1996.

Dr. Octagonecologyst introduces the character of Dr. Octagon, a homicidal, extraterrestrial, time-traveling gynecologist and surgeon. The album's distinctive sound crosses genres such as psychedelic, electronic music, and trip hop. Thornton's lyrics are often abstract, using surrealism, non-sequiturs, and juvenile humor. The unique sound and lyrics of Dr. Octagonecologyst helped revitalize alternative and underground hip hop, gaining more attention than any contemporary independent hip hop album in quite a while.

Although it did not sell enough copies to reach the mainstream music charts, the album was received with many positive reviews and a considerable amount of recognition. Thornton's lyrics and Nakamura's production in particular were highly praised, as was DJ Qbert's innovative scratching. Dr. Octagonecologyst has since been ranked as one of the best hip hop albums of the 1990s
."

I remember when a buddy handed me a copy of Dr. Octagonecologist and the first time I listened to it, it totally blew my mind.  One of the best albums nobody has ever heard of, IMO.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

The Dude

Kyle,
That video for Prehistoric Dog was effing hilarious.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

blue ridge angler

Quote from: The Dude on February 07, 2012, 17:19:07 PM
Quote from: blue ridge angler on February 06, 2012, 19:30:10 PM
Some good stuff up in here..
I miss when hip hop was done right..

BRA, did you ever check out Dr. Octagon?

Oh, you know it man..Super good shit..I have seen him live, and it was fucking kick ass..
He is an actual mental patient, which I believe is the only way to explain some of his songs..Normal people don't have stuff like that in there brains..

On another note..John Bonham probably had more influence on hip hop than most that were ever involved with it..

Phil

Woolly Bugger

phil, you practin' that for you're next gig?

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

I doubt it seriously. Jist havin' some fun.  :)

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Phil, I don't listen to those waffirs, I listen to shit like this...

Springbok Nude girls used to be quite the panty dropping crew in Stellenbosch when I was in College. Its nice that bands can get famous and still have time to cram into a tiny venue to entertain their true fans (for free "nogal"). I doubt you could do the same, then again, I doubt much pantie dropping goes on at a "Mr. Lucky" shindig... jes saying mate :-*

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: blue ridge angler on February 07, 2012, 20:10:39 PM

On another note..John Bonham probably had more influence on hip hop than most that were ever involved with it..

Well...

him and Clyde Stubblefield

listen to the drum lines on all four.  Infact play them all at the same time.  There are probably a 100 other hip hop and rap songs that use Funky Drummer.   You probably knew this already but I figured the trivia would be fun for everyone else.

Transylwader

Quote from: AK Aaron on February 07, 2012, 23:58:09 PM

Thanks for the reminder Aaron, Mike Patton, weird guy extraordinare, but a genius behind one of the biggest rock bands for us alternate peeps. FAITH NO MORE, yes!!!  'c;

Transylwader

Don't forget:

Hows about some Chicago shit...

And some of Seattles finest...

I thought this was FUCKING COOL -0-