News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Finally flies

Started by robs_seven, February 01, 2012, 15:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robs_seven

I had planned on bailing out super early this morning to go fish but woke up at 7 after only 3hrs of sleep with a damn sore throat and low grade fever. So I whimped out and stay home.  I did get to tie a few flies during my girls nap.  When she woke she found the box opened and brought it to me. When I took it she wigged out yelling fry fry. So I took a straw and threw on some feathers.  She has not put it down yet.  She told mama. "fry eat ish". That is code for fish eat flies. She turns 2 in April and is going to be crazy in the creek this yr

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

!!!Tying, building, fishing!!!

Quote from: Transylwader on June 25, 2012, 09:04:59 AM
This creek was so big that a high hole was virtually impossible.

Aka

Nice man.  'c;
My daughter is really into all my fly tying materials and always wants me to tell her what each of them are when I'm tying. She just turned six and helps me tie my thread nymphs and zebra midges.

Grannyknot

nice little story robs_seven.  I enjoyed that.
Sometimes my 1 y.o. boy wants to sit on my lap while I am tying.
It usually doesn't work out too well since he immediately grabs for the sharpest thing on the desk.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Woolly Bugger

yea, one day they are sitting on you lap learning to tie, and the next they are raiding your saddle hackles for hair extensions!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

smokin hog

Yep got twin boys there 4 and can stomp any mud hole dry .taken them fly fishn for the first
time. This is goin to be cool new fishn bud's

robs_seven

Woolly, Dont say those things, we have tried to completely steer her from girly crap and its in her blood.  We have never endorsed any thing girly, and sure as shit she loves Barbies, dresses, and pink.  b';  Its in her freaking blood, the only thing that levels the playing field is she loves the out doors, animals, and tractors.   

Im holding out hope that the feathers will only be used for TYING

Woolly Bugger

women, born to shop, talk on the phone, it's in their DNA....

you can only do tomboy for so long, then the hormones kick in and your little girl ain't so little anymore....

jis observ'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

robs_seven

True figured I might have more then 2 yrs :D

5xTippett

Girls are neat until they turn 13.  From 13 until 17 they turn into monsters.  After 18 they turn into humans again.  I have 3---22 year old twins and a 24 year old.  Interesting enough they all have fished with me off and on through the years.  Now they are bored with fishing, but will hunt with me in a skinny minute.  For most of my life I fished when I couldn't hunt.  For the last 12 years or so  I have hunted when I can't fish.  My daughters are just like I was at that age.  One of my twins is deadly serious with a rifle in her hands.  Back in December we were hunting with a cousin near Yemasee in the Walterboro area of S.C.  My bloodthirsty one was in a ground blind with her boyfriend of 3 years overlooking a pretty heavy hog trail.  She texted her twin and informed her she was never hunting with her boyfriend again because he was wiggling and whispering.  We were placing bets on whether she would unload him or not.  They are still dating though.  Just remember what I said about the 13 to 18 ages.  You will go nuts.

smokin hog

Thanks for the encouragement. But all ready nuts

robs_seven

Man you guys really give me hope on this female thing.  In about 14hrs from now I will know if there is another one on the way.  From what Im reading here I got my fingers crossed for nuts.   

robs_seven

It's got nuts

Having a boy !!!!

FoulHook

I always think those 'whom' pictures are the creepiest things ever.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.