News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

McSkunkin round dos

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 29, 2012, 17:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phlyfisher

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 02, 2012, 10:35:40 AM
Yes  PeeWee, I do like the reaches where there are hundreds of 8" browns.  They are savory little guys and I've been keeping a few, doing my part as recommended.

The "lure flies" can be classified as those flies that I do not know how to fish.  There, another chink in my angling armor, one of many.

And Mclovin, I have seen the Kudzu Midges on the Smith as large as your fist, and I have seen Albino Ceratopogonids as big as golf balls.  I saw more than a dozen Tanzanian Swallows suffocate and die from the sheer size of the emerging critters.  But I have never seen any BWOs that large.

far be it from me to argue with the entomologist  bd;0 bd;0 bd;0

i have ,however, seen some very large mayflies in the echos of the river.....
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I am not an entolmogogist.  I am a Fortune Cookie Writer, sometimes Fantasy Broker, that moved to Virginia in 2009 from Hoboken, NJ.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 02, 2012, 11:11:24 AM
I am not an entolmogogist.  I am a Fortune Cookie Writer, sometimes Fantasy Broker, that moved to Virginia in 2009 from Hoboken, NJ.

I don't know why mudwall gatewood, but I always enjoy reading your post.  brings a little laughter while i'm sitting in class.

22midge

hey phlyfisher add a trailer to that black helgi rig and you might get a bigger bite.  'c; 'c; 'c;

never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

phlyfisher

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 02, 2012, 11:11:24 AM

fotune cookies eh?....  ^-^

ill give those jointed flies a try 22
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

5xTippett

'Please define the "lure flies" if you will."  Peewee, that's anything an indicator won't hold up!  Some examples would be Pin Minnows, Rapalas, streamers, etc. :D

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The fortune cookie message for today is there will be 6 more weeks of winter weather.  Well at least that's what my European-born Hedgehog revealed to me.

See, Ben knows what a lure fly is.

Have fun on the Smith guys.  And may your lobule never be bruised by a flying rogue bead or barbell.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

22midge

yea 5x knows all about the illegal stuff because he is one of those" a-holes from SC that votes democrat when the curtain closes. -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- ;D ;D ;D ;D
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

FoulHook

Quote from: phlyfisher on February 02, 2012, 10:22:20 AM
and believe what ya want, but ive seen BWO's down thar as big as my fist....

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

dossphoto

You must be thinking of the blue hair mayflies. 

They only come out on Saturday mornings and congregate around Hardee's for some reason.

phlyfisher

Quote from: dossphoto on February 02, 2012, 18:14:33 PM

You must be thinking of the blue hair mayflies. 

They only come out on Saturday mornings and congregate around Hardee's for some reason.

holy chit thats exactly what they looked like  :o :o :o
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

22midge

oh my wait 3 years ....get one day to procreate and I get stuck with this ole hen hackled floozy.I knew I should have checked out that caddis chick farther up the river.

Woolly Bugger

Narcissus jonquilla are in bloom here, earliest I can remember! Last freeze usually comes when my azaleas are in full bloom...
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

rod rigged with streamer express was talking to me so I drove to the river, didn't have any expectations of catching anything, flipped flopped on where to go. swung some flies, banged some banks, didn't catch shit...

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

phlyfisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 02, 2012, 20:24:48 PM

rod rigged with streamer express was talking to me so I drove to the river, didn't have any expectations of catching anything, flipped flopped on where to go. swung some flies, banged some banks, didn't catch shit...

welcome to the life of a streamer fisherman....dont feel bad i got skunked today too on the low, but not in the honey hole. i will be going THERE saturday, i garuntee ill nail one on these new streamers...gawd they look sexy in the water

[attach=1]
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing