News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

McSkunkin round dos

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 29, 2012, 17:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

22midge

nice fish......glad someone is getting to fish...........you think that purple back shinner could be food ?
Think they would eat one of these?

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

phlyfisher

Quote from: 22midge on March 21, 2012, 20:21:37 PM
nice fish......glad someone is getting to fish...........you think that purple back shinner could be food ?
Think they would eat one of these?

not sure, be happy to try it for ya though  ;D

i saw a monster crayfish while i was wading to "high hole" woo wee. i got him to eat on a #2 brown woolly bugger with a tungsten cone head. He nailed it as soon as it hit the water, thought i had a snag cause he went upstream as soon as i set the hook. the current up through there is just ridiculous. i have nightmares about slipping on those mudcake rocks and getting knocked out cold, just to be washed 200 yards downstream in 50 degree water....pfffft "high holed", you old fart!  i woulda liked to see you wade accross to get over there  :-* next time you can have that spot  -0-
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Woolly Bugger

next time I'm wearing studs..

jis say'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

Jayzizz, Woowee, how does the wife put up with all your out of town stints? great bruiser thar. 'c;

McSkunkin, you gonna be a McDropout shortly and claim McUnemployment you Mcfucker! :-*

phlyfisher

Quote from: Transylwader on March 21, 2012, 21:18:56 PM
Jayzizz, Woowee, how does the wife put up with all your out of town stints? great bruiser thar. 'c;

McSkunkin, you gonna be a McDropout shortly and claim McUnemployment you Mcfucker! :-*

i look at it more as one step closer to becoming a mctroutbum. its destine to happen sooner of later, im just gonna have to do alot of hitch hiking to gtfowest. sides' i went to one class today so i wont be too hard on myself  :-\
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Woolly Bugger

Last night McFlunkin' said he'd be on the river EARLY, so I headed on up to check out the caddis action. Flies were coming off a 9:30 when I arrived, but no McFlunkin' in sight. Fished to the few risers in the run. Stayed there way too long but had plenty of fun catching the few dinks that I managed. Turned a few good ones too. Flow was only 240, bet that there well be a great rise this evening! Might have to plan my next trip to catch that.

How many trouts did you catch today? I rest my case.

Carry on.

[attach=1]

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

phlyfisher

live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Woolly Bugger

I thought about fishing the lower river today...

[attach=1]

but I'm glad I didn't burn the gas

/"\
me -There's a season?

phlyfisher

for woo wee and all the trees he catches  :-*
[attach=1]
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing