As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

McSkunkin round dos

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 29, 2012, 17:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

Quote from: phlyfisher on January 31, 2012, 17:48:08 PM
[attach=1]

its not the most scenic water, but there be some big ole leroys down there....

Woolly Bugger

rigged up a new outfit (stuff I won at TU banquet many years ago) Double L 9' 6wt 2 piece rod, loaded up 200gr Streamer Express on a SA2 6/7 reel, I'm ready to get down and do it again..

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

22midge

now get yea some 4lb fluorocarbon to use as tippet--so if you don't turn them quick and get them coming your way--they can break off and not kill them with a long fight. 'c; 'c;  That's the way  I do it but everyone has their own way to fight them.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

dossphoto

That'll get it done! 

Got an hour or two on the river this evening. 

Still sorta slow, got one nice one and one trout....

22midge

bait!! you fishing with the live chubs picture man.????
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Woolly Bugger

yeah, the little puny sink tip wasn't doing me much good.... I'm ready now.

4 lb, don't think that's the way I roll.

More like spiderwire xxx 12 lbs......
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

phlyfisher

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 01, 2012, 18:25:58 PM
yeah, the little puny sink tip wasn't doing me much good.... I'm ready now.

4 lb, don't think that's the way I roll.

More like spiderwire xxx 12 lbs......

isnt that cheating?  :laugh:
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

dossphoto

Quote from: 22midge on February 01, 2012, 18:14:23 PM
bait!! you fishing with the live chubs picture man. ??? ?

Ha!  That bait was just about the same size as the trout!

Woolly Bugger

had a $200 credit at Whorvis, ordered a bugger barn, some streamers, and other assorted crap...

also found a deal on a SA System 2 67L spool....

two days of getting skunked on streamers is causing me to do some stimulus spending....

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

y;
me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Those ain't streamers.  They look like feather dusters.

I am familiar with PeeWee's escapades fishing "lure flies" in the bowels of the Smith.   But I am surprised that Darrin and Keith would yield to such temptation.

Mudwall's 2012 Smith River Pledge: I will not fish streamers (or other lures) on the Smith and I will not catch any large fish.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

phlyfisher

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 02, 2012, 09:49:47 AM
Those ain't streamers.  They look like feather dusters.

I am familiar with PeeWee's escapades fishing "lure flies" in the bowels of the Smith.   But I am surprised that Darrin and Keith would yield to such temptation.

Mudwall's 2012 Smith River Pledge: I will not fish streamers (or other lures) on the Smith and I will not catch any large fish.

you would be surprised...they eat more bugs than you think down in them parts...... 

nice flies woolly....i would safely say those would make leroy venture out from under his log jam
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

22midge

mudhole  ;D ;D you sound like one of those happy to fish the runs where they shock 800 fish in a couple hundred yards of water. They say that the average fish is 6"--8" . I kind of satisfied with one fish a day if thats what the river offers.Please define the "lure flies" if you will. Oh yea come join us sometime ....nothing like sharing a good river.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Mclovin, don't mention anything about eating bugs to me.  I ain't buying any of it!  ;D

"Fogell, have you actually ever met anyone named Muhammed?"

phlyfisher

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on February 02, 2012, 10:05:01 AM
Mclovin, don't mention anything about eating bugs to me.  I ain't buying any of it!  ;D

"Fogell, have you actually ever met anyone named Muhammed?"

first of all muhammed is one of the most common names in the world, and i dont look like facking aladin when i have a vest on  >:D  :laugh:

and believe what ya want, but ive seen BWO's down thar as big as my fist.... i mean hey if you're into catching 4 inch fish, in one spot, all day have fun  :laugh: i kinda got over that whole deal after i did it a million times, got too easy, just sayin   ::)

and one day, mudhead, one day....i will show you the bruiser that ate this guy....

[attach=1]
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Yes  PeeWee, I do like the reaches where there are hundreds of 8" browns.  They are savory little guys and I've been keeping a few, doing my part as recommended.

The "lure flies" can be classified as those flies that I do not know how to fish.  There, another chink in my angling armor, one of many.

And Mclovin, I have seen the Kudzu Midges on the Smith as large as your fist, and I have seen Albino Ceratopogonids as big as golf balls.  I saw more than a dozen Tanzanian Swallows suffocate and die from the sheer size of the emerging critters.  But I have never seen any BWOs that large.