News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Special, but not precious

Started by Dougfish, January 27, 2012, 00:37:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart R.

Meant to ask how did you like the Allen reel? I have a 5-6 and really like it.
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Dougfish

Quote from: Stuart R. on January 27, 2012, 22:46:07 PM
Meant to ask how did you like the Allen reel? I have a 5-6 and really like it.
Stu

I picked a 5/6 on a whim a year ago when they had a big sale. Love it.
That's what made this decision so easy. It balances the Hydros well, and through two trips fished great.
A great reel for the price. And the blue matches the rod pretty good. :D

steelstringplyr

this was the best stream report i think i've ever read.  we are trying this stream in feb. and i've been looking for a detailed description like this for a while.  thanks a lot.  great job.

Dougfish

Quote from: steelstringplyr on January 28, 2012, 12:44:50 PM
this was the best stream report i think i've ever read.  we are trying this stream in feb. and i've been looking for a detailed description like this for a while.  thanks a lot.  great job.

Look, my head is already big enough.
Thanks, I might see you there.

Transylwader

I see you gots a mustang. How many horses under dat hood? South River looks good bru 8)

Dougfish

Quote from: Transylwader on January 28, 2012, 21:11:48 PM
I see you gots a mustang. How many horses under dat hood? South River looks good bru 8)

I've had a Stang in my past. I'm a bit more practical now. It's a Sportwagon WRX my good man. High altitude, curvy road terror machine.

NewTyer1

I don't live to far from there and hit it up last week with no luck. It was most likely me though. Maybe we can hook up sometime. I went to the Lyndhurst Rd section and then down to the lower section.  Stayed a couple hours but got there a little late, I think it was around noon. You need to go early and fish up until noon. The Upper section is called the trophy section with 20" bows stocked. I need to go give it another try
Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT

Dougfish

Quote from: NewTyer1 on January 29, 2012, 13:57:53 PM
I don't live to far from there and hit it up last week with no luck. It was most likely me though. Maybe we can hook up sometime. I went to the Lyndhurst Rd section and then down to the lower section.  Stayed a couple hours but got there a little late, I think it was around noon. You need to go early and fish up until noon. The Upper section is called the trophy section with 20" bows stocked. I need to go give it another try

Sent a PM.

NewTyer1

Anyone wanting to fish this place. If you stop in and talk to Kevin at South River Fly Shop, he can tell you everything about this stream and also what they have been biting on in the past week. Awesome shop, and really nice guy to talk to. Very knowledgable and comes from and fished that river all his life. Check him out
Scott
Military Police Officer
Iraq Veteran 08-09
National Registry EMT