News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

RVA tit/cockbite finds mountain trout where they shood be

Started by MFTG, January 26, 2012, 22:18:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MFTG

Shrugged off the afternoon's work after seeing at the mercury hitting 60 in Cville.  Rigged up the ol' boo and hiked in a mile before setting on the water to find out if the mountain trout really were where they shood be.

Small black stones were everywhere, crawling up rocks all along the water's edge.  Warm weather be damned, dries didn't get a look and were swiftly abandoned in favor of heavier artillery.  The mountain trout did as they shood and ate like greedy little fat kids.

The water went from this

to this

in regular intervals.  And the mountain trout greeted my offerings kindly just as they shood.

Figured it was time to head back to the former capital of the confederacy so I could disgrace it with my presence, just as a light rain began to fall.  Gonna have to give this one another go once the bugs come back for spring.

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Aka

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

robspe7370

LMAO at the title Marty. Glad to see there are still decent fish in "Bathtub Bowl" run.Call somebody next time, especially if you are heading that far north.  :)
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

OldDominionAngler

Nice marty.  Good shit, pun intended. 

Identical hook sets on those fish...