Boots built for distance

Started by Transylwader, January 18, 2012, 15:26:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What boots are highly durable for distance and punishment in the creek?

Simms (incl model type please)
6 (42.9%)
Chota (incl model type please)
2 (14.3%)
Corkers (incl model type please)
1 (7.1%)
Orvis (incl model type please)
3 (21.4%)
Patagonia (incl model type please)
0 (0%)
Other (please mention brand name/model type)
2 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: February 17, 2012, 15:26:41 PM

natureboy

I really like(d) the orvis ultra-light felt bottom boots.  Apparently they don't make them anymore.  I've had a pair for at least 8 years, the felt is about gone, the loops to pull them on are busted, and the laces are threadbare, but they keep on tickin', still use them as boat boots.  I bought them at the outlet for less than $50, found them on sale again and bought two more pair.  I feel a little guilty for not switching away from felt, but I can switch to a different pair of boots if I switch watersheds.  I know orvis gets some shit on here, but I really couldn't ask for more out of a pair of wading boots, I've put a lot of miles on them hunting, hiking, and fishing and they've taken the abuse, however you can't buy them anymore, glad I could be of assistance here. -0-

dnakamoto

I think you may be talking about the boots in the attached link.  I have a pair and they pack up small if you want to take them backpacking with you.  They don't give much for ankle support but do pretty well in every other area. 

http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?adv=99656&pf_id=84CX

natureboy

Transylwader

Quote from: natureboy on January 31, 2012, 08:13:47 AM
Negative dnakamoto, they are the older version of these: http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=92EC
Dayum, that' some archived shit right there! I got a free pair of them when I bought a pair of Tailwaters XT waders back in 2008. I had them for at least 2 years before the support casing around the ankle broke. Damn good boots with traction bar none. Definitley would have been a good idea to stock up on several pairs of those. Vibram plan sucks. Cleats do too. Studs and felt were wicked...excepting in freezing conditions, they were similar to a pair of ice skates 8)