News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Blue line pack?

Started by robs_seven, January 31, 2012, 12:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robs_seven

Hey guys,

Im looking for a new fishing pack,  I have always used a vest but hiking in the summer is too damn hot and I find myself carrying un-needed crap along.  Im looking for a small-med size waist, chest or sling shoulder pack.  I need it easily accessible and user friendly.  Just need some suggestions, I have looked at some but just cant settle on whats the best being I am trying some thing new.

What do you guys reccommend for this setup, what works and doesnt work.  Not wanting to spend a fortune but something that is worth the money, and will last is worth the extra buck.

Thanks for the help

Robby
!!!Tying, building, fishing!!!

Quote from: Transylwader on June 25, 2012, 09:04:59 AM
This creek was so big that a high hole was virtually impossible.

phlyfisher

ive had a field and stream chest pack for 5 years now and its STILL going strong. only 20 bucks at dicks, cant knock it....
live action
FB@Ohio Fly Fishing

Transylwader

Look no further, even through it's got a five letter swear word on it. The thing that would be versatile for you is that you can wear both or just one separately. Carries a fair amount of shit. I sold my chestpack/back pack combo but these are still available

http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,9444.0.html

$70 for both. The vert chest pack is virtually new and the waist pack is brand new, never used.

Big J

Trannys deal is a  goodin. I have an orvis sling pack for short trips and use a north face back pack for long trips.  Been liking for about a year now at vest/backpack combos.  Have yet to find one under $150. So the search continues.......

robs_seven

Decision made, Thanks Mike, cant wait to hang up the vest and give those a try.

My wife says you guys are a bad influence, only been joined 2 days and already buying stuff. 

Transylwader

Quote from: robs_seven on January 31, 2012, 16:10:59 PM
My wife says you guys are a bad influence, only been joined 2 days and already buying stuff.
Amy is dead right. But wait until you start bluelining the proper stuff, you will become an addict. No getting off that stuff 8)

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on January 31, 2012, 16:38:27 PM
Quote from: robs_seven on January 31, 2012, 16:10:59 PM
Amy is dead right. But wait until you start bluelining the proper stuff, you will become an addict. No getting off that stuff 8)

Truer words have never been spoken by Mike.  ;D
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

robs_seven

She doesn't  understand why I catch fish, take a pic and gently release them and spend money to do it and now build rods too.  All I say is it's a drug addiction.  She will be super pissed when she sees the receipt for tying materials from today.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: robs_seven on January 31, 2012, 18:37:37 PM
She doesn't  understand why I catch fish, take a pic and gently release them and spend money to do it and now build rods too.  All I say is it's a drug addiction.  She will be super pissed when she sees the receipt for tying materials from today.

Tell her it's better than spending money on strippers!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

robs_seven

True but that might be cheaper. Lol