News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Mr Browns gang..

Started by blue ridge angler, January 17, 2012, 22:23:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blue ridge angler

Made it out today, and met up with Snag, and Woolly to try and break the tough streak that the year has seemed to have started out on for most everyone that I have talked to lately..A whole lotta' skunking has been going around, and it has left a bad taste in my mouth..We met at 10:00 hoping for rain, but instead were greeted by very unstable weather conditions with intermittent windy, calm, sunny, rainy etc, etc..It would be tough fishing for sure..Me, and Snag headed up stream, and Woolly down..

Snag was into fish almost instantly, while I struggled for a bit before taking a look at his setup, and bumming a dropper fly..What game there was was of the small fly variety, and we naturally lost twice as many fish as we caught, but for a while they were stacked in the feeding lanes, and it was on like Donkey Kong..The The hi-lite of my day was spotting a big brown and sight casting tiny flies to him, and watching him take it perfectly..It also turned out to be the only fish that I took pics of..

After catching some good fish we headed to the car to eat..Our buddy Lin showed up and treated us to a feast of venison summer sausage, venison bacon, and hot venison stew, and Woolly treated us to some delicious home brew, as well as some cold mountain..

After lunch the fishing got tougher, but we all caught a few more..Super good times, and the year seems to be looking a lot better..

Thanks Mr Brown..I needed that.. 0:0

benben reincarnated

Transylwader

The Douche delivers. Amazing how the home county capital produces. Maybe one of these days I too can join the ranks of peeps who can actually catch a fucking trout b';
Oh, btw,  {S;
Did you catch that bastardo on one of Petey's barbie bugs? I hear they are bomb proof :o

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Transylwader on January 17, 2012, 22:34:04 PM
The Douche delivers. Amazing how the home county capital produces. Maybe one of these days I too can join the ranks of peeps who can actually catch a fucking trout b';
Oh, btw,  {S;
Did you catch that bastardo on one of Petey's barbie bugs? I hear they are bomb proof :o

Not on petey's, but the "fly" was the same color.. 8)

ncguy

Great! All the way around!

FoulHook

Jealousy! I was hoping the rains would come and I would get off work and head to the water. Turns out, no such luck.

{S;
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Woolly Bugger

awesome trip, the bite was on, at least for the morning, and although I didn't land anything that I felt was photo worthy, the food was special, with deer bacon, summer sausage, and deer stew! When I decided to go I was hoping that the rain would come in hard and bring the water up at least a little... next time...

[attachimg=1]

the bump came late.... -+; -+; -+;
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: blue ridge angler on January 17, 2012, 22:23:44 PM

After catching some good fish we headed to the car to eat..Our buddy Lin showed up and treated us to a feast of venison summer sausage, venison bacon, and hot venison stew, and Woolly treated us to some delicious home brew, as well as some cold mountain..

Now that's what I'm talking about for the "I ate it on the stream" Contest!!!

Deer Bacon, summer sausage, stew, beer, that would be hard to beat!

http://www.brfff.com/forum/index.php/topic,9419.0.html
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Holmes

Hells yeah I like the browns...

sheepfly

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 18, 2012, 08:15:22 AM

the bump came late.... -+; -+; -+;

I don't think it really got going until after dark.

consumnfire1229

Mr. Brown is a pig.  Great fish and good report.
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

snagaluffaguss

Quote from: Get Bent on Teh Suk

Nice fish... Snag don't know shit about shit!