News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

We have found brookie shangri-la...

Started by Holmes, January 06, 2012, 21:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holmes

Quote from: Big J on January 08, 2012, 14:08:08 PM
I was thinking that was the SNP due to the monster brookies, but now that you tell me its from the GWNF I'm shocked at the sizes you were pulling.  Creeks like that in the GWNF are far and few in between.  Virginia tends to put a road along side every creek in the GWNF and  tends to hurt the stream.  I only know of two streams so far that don't produce anorexic brook trout.

Sent you a PM

FoulHook

Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Transylwader

High holy hell! Those pix are sick dude! Im reckoning St Mary's has the same problem as Saffa streams, quartz, whilst it is a pretty substrate it offers sweet f-all as far as nutrients. I may need to get my arse in gear and drive up norf. Good shit as always 8)

OldDominionAngler

JWJ

Damnit petey. I was so close to brookie fishin Sunday but I went and beat the shit out of the water with big steamers on the local spring crick. Only fish I hooked flew back and hit me on the hookset. Should've taken the 2 wt for a walk in the woods. Now I really feel like poop.

Holmes

Quote from: JWJ on January 10, 2012, 16:22:23 PM
Damnit petey. I was so close to brookie fishin Sunday but I went and beat the shit out of the water with big steamers on the local spring crick. Only fish I hooked flew back and hit me on the hookset. Should've taken the 2 wt for a walk in the woods. Now I really feel like poop.

Brookie fishing has been on fire pretty much any day the air temp is over 40 degrees. If you want to get into some nice ones, feel free to PM. I live in Harrisonburg.

Jfey

Excellent report, glad to see the rest of the story! 'c;
Yup, going fishing

JWJ

Quote from: Petey on January 10, 2012, 16:29:29 PM
Quote from: JWJ on January 10, 2012, 16:22:23 PM

Brookie fishing has been on fire pretty much any day the air temp is over 40 degrees. If you want to get into some nice ones, feel free to PM. I live in Harrisonburg.

I may have to take you up on that. I knew the brookie fishing would probably be good but I saw mossy on Friday and it was high and dirty so I figured I'd have a shot at hog johnson. Come Sunday it had cleared an dropped significantly.