News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

on the right path..

Started by Woolly Bugger, January 02, 2012, 19:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I moped around yesterday, wasn't too pleased with myself for not getting up and going yesterday,
but the generation schedule for today wasn't too bad, but the weather looked like a bitch. Cold and windy.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

grandfather mt at first light

I was hoping for mid 20s

Sunrise on the river

I guess they ran out of deer to dump...

Tough lighting conditions, strong winds and cold combined to make a miserable day of fishing, I fished the
lower section for three hours, I couldn't wait for the water to get there so I could move on. I would have
caught more fish, but I spent a lot of time warming my hands.

After the water came up I headed to Webb's for some lunch, the daily special looked good.

Stopped in at the fly shop, ha forgot to rib them about having  a picture of the shop in the current issue of the suk
as a background for the App Fishing Club story, but Matthew said that yesterday was insanely crowed and despite
the cold he thought I was better off fishing today.

Fished the upper section for a while, there were big browns rising but only a few smaller ones came to hand.
Damn wind. Couldn't see my fly, couldn't see the bugs, but I could feel the wind. I call it quits, I did want to
get over the mountains before the snow started causing problems..

courthouse, note the flags, did I mention the wind...

colder going out than coming in...

yea, this could turn bad...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Holmes

benben reincarnated

Now, that's commitment Keith.  Me, I sat around the house all day and was lazy thinking I should have fished despite the weather.  I think the hangover from Saturday night was still ailing me a little too much though. 

FoulHook

:o  I wish I worked indoors. It's gonna be colder tomorrow. I second Petey's "Solid!"
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Stuart R.

Glad to see you made it Keith. I was there also. I fished up high and had a decent day. Looks like you beat me that is a dang nice bow. I didn't take the 1st pic all day. Too frigin' cold for that! I managed to stay pretty warm except my fingers at times and my face. Was the wind bad down low? My wife called and said here in Richlands it was snowing like crazy. She was right when I hit the Tazewell Co. line the road was slick as glass and the wind was so bad it felt like it was making my mountaineer slide. But still better than setting in the house!
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

Woolly Bugger

Stuart R. I was on the water at 8, it was wicked cold, and the wind was bad. After three hours of that I really didn't need to put any more time on the river and after I caught two on the surface on the upper section, I was done. 1. I didn't have my magic dry fly powder, 2. I felt like I really didn't have the right fly for those conditions, so I called it a day and beat it back over the mountains.

Did you start fishing at 11:30? and how late did you fish? Can't blame you for not taking pics, I spent a lot of time getting my fingers warm again after catching and photographing a fish....

see ya..
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Stuart R.

I was able to cross to fish I guess about 1145 and fished till about 4 or so. I went up to the wiers and messed around a while. That was a bust so loaded up and headed home. Then only thing cold about yesterday was that wind. Boy it would cut ya. Glad you got a few anyway. Maybe I will see you some other time.
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.