News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

First Annual - "I ate it while fly fishing" photo contest.

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 29, 2011, 10:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

After looking at the post with the pre-made sandwich, I searched the web for some inspiration on backpackable sandwiches and came up with a few recipes that I plan on taking on some blue line adventures this coming year. 

Post up your best stream side snack / lunch / dinner.

-0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0-

Rules.

1. All photos must be taken on a fly fishing trip in 2012.

2. Complete description / recipe must accompany the report / photo.

3. Only one entry per member.

5. Entry deadline: April 1, 2012

6. Voting by BRFFF members will begin after deadline and be open for seven days. Only one vote per member (multiple usernames are not allowed)

7. In the event of a tie, there will be a runoff vote.

8. One prize of a "Psycho Fly Fishing" coffee mug will be awarded.

If you don't like the rules you can buy your own mug....

Psycho Fly Fishing Coffee Mug

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

I thought this was gonna be one of those contests where a shitty fishing buddy snaps a pic/video of you getting owned (aka eat shit)like this panther martin tossing moron on a blueline. Damn disappointing...

The Dude

I've got a great recipe for brook trout sashimi and a nice pate' of brook trout roe atop communion wafers.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Aka

Quote from: The Dude on December 29, 2011, 14:35:23 PM
I've got a great recipe for brook trout sashimi and a nice pate' of brook trout roe atop communion wafers.

I'll trade ya my corn and nightcrawler salsa recipe for that brookie sashimi one of yours.

blue ridge angler

Totally spaced this contest out..thanks for the reminder woolly..

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 18, 2012, 10:19:02 AM
Quote from: blue ridge angler on January 17, 2012, 22:23:44 PM

After catching some good fish we headed to the car to eat..Our buddy Lin showed up and treated us to a feast of venison summer sausage, venison bacon, and hot venison stew, and Woolly treated us to some delicious home brew, as well as some cold mountain..

Now that's what I'm talking about for the "I ate it on the stream" Contest!!!

Deer Bacon, summer sausage, stew, beer, that would be hard to beat!

The Dude

Not really a contest entry, but there is a new Slim Jim flavor out called Jamaican Jerk that is the bomb!
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Woolly Bugger

BRA, I don't think you qualify, that was Lin's meal....

jis observ'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

blue ridge angler

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on January 18, 2012, 11:40:38 AM
BRA, I don't think you qualify, that was Lin's meal....

jis observ'in

Okay, well since Lin is not on the board, if it wins, me or snag can get his prize to him..

Big J

So here is what I ate today on the stream. Have been wanting to do this for a while and this contest gave me an excuse to.

Bought a Steak.

Marinated over night with olive oil, garlic salt, and pepper.

In the morning I wrapped the steak with about 5 layers of tin foil and put it in my backpack and hit the road.

Then after I was done fishing, I started a fire and let it burn down a little to get a nice bed of coals.

Then when I got a nice bed of coals, I put the steak in it.  I let it cooked for 5 minutes on each side.

The steak was about perfect.  I usually like mine medium rare, and this was cooked to medium, but it was still tasty.  When you cook it in the tin foil, the juices have no where to go but get cooked back into the meat.  I was very pleased for my first fire cooked steak.

Aka

Nice Big J... 'c; 'c; 'c;

Steak on the stream...well played. I'm lucky if I remember to make a pb&j to take w/ me.

greg

After looking at that steak I am as hungry as hell.  Hellava day.

Transylwader

kylemc

kylemc