News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Dry/Dropper swap Due March 1st

Started by Big J, December 16, 2011, 15:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bullship

I haven't forgotten. I had to finish up some flies for another swap, so I'll be getting on these real quick like now. Gonna do a humpy for the dry, still thinkin on the dropper.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Aka

Worked on the stones today...

[attach=1]

Gonna do some kinda foamy hopper for the dry just haven't settled on a pattern yet.

Woolly Bugger

working on the dropper, a caddis emerger...
-0- -0-

[attach=1]

V:; V:; V:;

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 06, 2012, 19:25:28 PM

-0- -0-

[attach=1]

You use mono line for the eyes and melt it? And I still need to decide on my dropper.....  :-\

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Big J on February 06, 2012, 19:45:37 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 06, 2012, 19:25:28 PM

-0- -0-

[attach=1]

You use mono line for the eyes and melt it? And I still need to decide on my dropper.....  :-\

yup, mono eyes...

switching over to the dries, should finish up shortly, maybe get them in the mail today
d:b

[attach=1]
a foam caddis dry should work
-0- -0- -0-

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

overbrook

I hate to do this to you guys....but I'm going with another stimi-chew toy (kind of a shiny olive) . I tried to work on a couple of different foam patterns and everything came out looking like crap   b'; b'; ...I'd rather throw in a decent stimi than some shitty foam fly tie. Probably going with a greenish version of the rainbow warrior to match the stimi.  Dries are done....will be hitting the droppers this evening.Hope to mail them out by the weekend.  -0- -0- -0-

Aka

Looks like a foam party... d:b -+; -0-

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

overbrook

All done.....

I'll try to get them out by the weekend.

Woolly Bugger

going out in tomorrow's mail

[attach=1]

-0- -+; -0-

me -There's a season?

flyfishmore

Mine are done too. Since I've never done this before, how do you recommend I package them so they don't get crushed?

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: flyfishmore on February 08, 2012, 23:45:02 PM
Mine are done too. Since I've never done this before, how do you recommend I package them so they don't get crushed?

1. place your flies in a small plastic container, like the one you get at a fly shop.. Altiod tin, or a small fly  box (it will be returned to you with your swap flies)

2. enclose a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope, 4 first class stamps will cover it.) I use the padded bubble wrap ones ( I recycle one that I get )

3. stuff 1 & 2 into another envelope and mail it to Big J

not my photo, but a good example found using BING, i'm boycotting google!
me -There's a season?

Big J

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 09, 2012, 08:21:44 AM
Quote from: flyfishmore on February 08, 2012, 23:45:02 PM

1. place your flies in a small plastic container, like the one you get at a fly shop.. Altiod tin, or a small fly  box (it will be returned to you with your swap flies)

2. enclose a SASE (Self Addressed Stamped Envelope, 4 first class stamps will cover it.) I use the padded bubble wrap ones ( I recycle one that I get )

3. stuff 1 & 2 into another envelope and mail it to Big J

not my photo, but a good example found using BING, i'm boycotting google!

Good description WB.  And out of curiosity, why you boycotting google?  Haven't been keeping up with the news lately and wondering if I've missed something.

overbrook

BigJ...flies went out this morning...theres an extra set in there for ya and dog nabbit I meant to throw a couple of stickers in too...and had already sealed the envelope before I remembered...I'll make it up to ya later or maybe just throw the stickers in an envelope...anyway...thanks...lookin forward to seein' everybodys stuff!

Big J

Quote from: overbrook on February 11, 2012, 13:34:30 PM
BigJ...flies went out this morning...theres an extra set in there for ya and dog nabbit I meant to throw a couple of stickers in too...and had already sealed the envelope before I remembered...I'll make it up to ya later or maybe just throw the stickers in an envelope...anyway...thanks...lookin forward to seein' everybodys stuff!

Thanks man,  I'll let you know when they get here.