News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Dry/Dropper swap Due March 1st

Started by Big J, December 16, 2011, 15:41:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Dry/Dropper Swap
Tie up your favorite dry/dropper duo.  Could be a grasshopper and midge, elkhair caddis and PT nymph, ....etc.  There is 9 people in the swap so that means you'll tie up 8 dries and 8 droppers.  Since that's 16 flies I will make the due date 1st of March.  If everyone gets the flies to me earlier then they will get back to you early but with the problems last swap I figure a good two months should be enough time to get the flies tied up.
Here are the swap rules:

* Post on thread that your in the swap and name the pattern your tying
    * When mailing flies, make sure you include a return envelope with your address and close to the correct return postage.

• Big J
  • Overbrook (received)
  • OldDominionAngler (received)
  • AK Aaron (received)
  • FranzenAngler (received)
  • Woolly Bugger (received)
  • Bullship (received)
  • flyfishmore (received)
  • Rhody (received)

overbrook

put me in...i'll decide on the patterns soon.   -0- -0- -0-

OldDominionAngler

Thanks for hosting again.  sign me up.

Aka

I'm in but don't have enough pink hackle to make the parachute pink weenies. I'll figure something else out and let ya know.

franzenangler

"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

Woolly Bugger

awe, what the heck, sign me up too....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bullship

I'm in on this thang....maybe a foam stimulator and a black wire midge thing. subject to change.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Big J

flyfishmore

OK I'm in. Royal Wulff and Prince nymph.

Rhody

My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

Big J

Since no one has joined in a while and we do have to tie up a set of dries and a set of droppers, I figure a 9 person swap will be plenty.  That means you'll have to tie 8 dries and 8 droppers.  You mail in 16 flies you get 16 back.  I set the due date to March 1st which gives everyone a good two months to tie them up.  If everyone get them to me earlier they will go out earlier, otherwise I feel that two months is ample time.  Glad to have you all join and for the participates in the last swap, Kyle's flies will be mailed to you as well.

kylemc

Quote from: Big J on December 26, 2011, 10:14:43 AM
, Kyle's flies will be mailed to you as well.

this! and rad stickers 8)

Big J

Quote from: kylemc on December 28, 2011, 01:15:04 AM
Quote from: Big J on December 26, 2011, 10:14:43 AM
, Kyle's flies will be mailed to you as well.

this! and rad stickers 8)

Haha yeaha,  You mail them yet?

Big J

Thought I'd check to see how everyone's flies are coming along and make sure none of y'all forgot you were in this swap.  Got my Stimi's done and going to tie up some midges within the next couple weeks. 

overbrook

been busy as hell...have'nt forgotten though. I figure out what I'm gonna tie and get a slight break  I can knock em' out in an afternoon.