News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tis the season - to be a thief

Started by kevshell, December 05, 2011, 09:17:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevshell

b';

I walked into a bow shop that I just started to frequent and thought they were going out of business. Unfortunately they were wiped out - I mean wiped out. The shop is Barefoot Archery in Charlotte. I am guessing there were 30+ bows stolen, about 50'+ of accessories on peg board floor to ceiling, broadheads, etc. But even worse they stole his bow presses bow equipement and even worse.....all his animal mounts. There were 2 full body bear mounts and an elk (that's what I remembered seeing).

If you see anyone trying to unload any Hoyt and Mathews bows for cheap or even animal mounts it would be appreciated if you called the Charlotte police to see if there is a connection.

I have to believe they had a truck load of "helpers" or they were there for a long time. They took a ton of stuff and had to have had a moving van.

Woolly Bugger

yea, read about that in the Observer the other day...

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/12/02/2820741/80000-of-goods-stolen-from-archery.html#storylink=misearch

hope they catch the bastards and use them for target practice..
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

Watch for someone opening up their own archery store - Probably they are not that dumb but it could happen.

What will likely happen is some "new vendor" will go around to existing archery stores (Probably several states away) and claim he has this "good deal" on items he recovered from a shop which went out of business. The price will be go good that the stores have to know it is "hot" but greed being what it is, they will take it.

Stuart R.

Goodness moving that amount of stuff would take forever. Must not be on a very heavy traveled road.
Stu
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.