Waters up a bit

Started by AK Aaron, November 28, 2011, 13:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

CFS on the D.

Most recent instantaneous value: 1,830   11-28-2011  13:30 EST   

Gage height is nearly 5 FEET  :o !!!

Holmes

Looking forward to some of that rain up this way. Some creeks are pitifully low. We need a good drenching to get everything back on par...

Aka

Quote from: Petey on November 28, 2011, 14:11:21 PM
Looking forward to some of that rain up this way. Some creeks are pitifully low. We need a good drenching to get everything back on par...

The brochure I have from Hedonism says it never rains  :D

ajhock

b'; The D was tough today.  Leaf stew and lots of debris.  Then kayakers started showing up.  I left when it was around 1400cfs.  Hopefully the leaves will pass through and tomorrow will be better.  Gonna tie more meat for the rest of the day.
""Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."-J. Keats

benben reincarnated

Read online earlier they got some type of log jam on the French Broad near the Transylvania County airport that's causing a mess.  Predicted to cause a bigger mess whenever it breaks lose.  They let Transylvania schools out earlier apparently as well.

Probably good to be a kayaker right now.

Holmes

Quote from: AK Aaron on November 28, 2011, 14:18:24 PM
Quote from: Petey on November 28, 2011, 14:11:21 PM

The brochure I have from Hedonism says it never rains  :D

Yeah thats true. But it does rain sometimes, it rains black chicks. Well worth the flight from arizona, for the wild women, the wild women, the rippin and the tearin' the rippin' and the tearin' -0- -0- -0- -0- -0-

FoulHook

French Broad has already spilled it's banks near the bridge at Wilson road in Transylvania county. Makes it hard for me to get home. It's usually the first place to flood. That log jam might take out some bridges in penrose when it lets loose.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

peter p

The log jam is 25 feet high and 150 long.   
Peter

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on November 28, 2011, 21:24:18 PM
Quote from: peter p on November 28, 2011, 20:20:58 PM
The log jam is 25 feet high and 150 long.   

pn?

how about a video?   seems our local news ran a story on it earlier this month:

http://www.wlos.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wlos_vid_5918.shtml

I say they just blow the damn thing up with dynamite.

overbrook

I hope it continues to rain like hell....my pond needs about two feet.  -0- -0- -0-

FoulHook

Snow has arrived here in Brevard.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: FoulHook on November 29, 2011, 12:03:16 PM

Yep snowing a little in the area around my work, looks really heavy looking out towards your way.  I'd imagine I'm getting more at my house.

Holmes

Akaaron, I guess your right. It pretty much never rains at hedonism. All we got is a lousy half an inch... So much for that much needed water. Missing us every time... >:D

FoulHook

Quote from: benben on November 29, 2011, 12:26:38 PM
Quote from: FoulHook on November 29, 2011, 12:03:16 PM

Yep snowing a little in the area around my work, looks really heavy looking out towards your way.  I'd imagine I'm getting more at my house.

Just flurries is all I've seen. No accumulation either. It's only 36 degrees here so I'm not expecting much.