pretty damn ugly: xavier - cincinnati

Started by Woolly Bugger, December 11, 2011, 11:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Z-Man

3 Cincy players suspended by the coach for 6 games.  Good for the coach.  I'll be there's more to come.  The thug mentality of the NBA filtering down to second-tier college teams.
Z-Man

In the great outdoors your soul expands to the horizon!

Jfey

It was definitely ugly and embarrassing for both schools.  No trickle down at Cincinnati, they have a history that goes back to the early 90's with Nick Van Excel. 
Yup, going fishing

Woolly Bugger

you can take basketball out of the hood but you can't take the hood out of baskterball
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Fire-Fly

i saw this last week on the smith when a group of rednecks were fighting over which berkley bait worked best, powerbait or gulp! i just kept right on fishing, stupid idiots, everyone knows that blood worms are the best!!!! ::)

OldDominionAngler

That was an ugly one...but I don't think competative sports leading to fisticuffs is unique to basketball, thug mentality, or the hood...

flatlander

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on December 12, 2011, 15:34:22 PM
That was an ugly one...but I don't think competive sports leading to fisticuffs is unique to basketball, thug mentality, or the hood...

So true...Carolina and Wake got into a pretty good one here in Winston-Salem back in the late 50's...pretty sure everybody was white back then.  Boys will be boys.

Baseball fights are the best.

Love the Brooks Robinson avatar...he was something.

bandit350

this was sometimes referred to as catholics vs. convicts back in the day.  haven't lived in the nati for some time.  always a good rivalry though.  the bearcats always had lots of interesting criminal backgrounds.  art long punching the police horse...that was a good one.  seems that pretty much all teams have issues like that these days.