Greetings from the armpit of Asia

Started by troutfanatic, November 09, 2011, 14:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomato can

AL trout bum

Reminds me of a quote from my favorite movie: "Whereas what we have here? A bunch of fig-eaters wearing towels on their heads, trying to find reverse in a Soviet tank. This is not a worthy adversary."

Stay safe man and thanks so much for all you do. Also, thanks to your family who are without their father, husband, etc. My brother is over there and it takes a toll on the family too.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Woolly Bugger

Thanks for your service and stopping in and giving us an update. hang tight!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

5xTippett

Take care and I hope to see you at the Pechman Center.

Holmes

If your ever in my hood', i'll be more than glad to show you where some monster brookies live. Thanks for your service.. 'c;

Al

Take care Brian. Keep your head down.  We will save a spot on the Pechmann Center roster for you.

BTW any chance you will be coming home early now that the CIC has decided to pull all troops out by date certain?

Big J

Quote from: Al on November 13, 2011, 07:57:55 AM
Take care Brian. Keep your head down.  We will save a spot on the Pechmann Center roster for you.

BTW any chance you will be coming home early now that the CIC has decided to pull all troops out by date certain?

I know my friend was stationed in Iraq and was supposed to be there through the spring of next year.  But he found out a few weeks ago that he will be back in early December.  Hope you'll be back sooner then later troutfanatic and thanks for your service.

cmiller51h

My son just left Kandahar for FOB La man. It looks like I'll be back soon unless I say the hell with it and retire! I don't miss K-har one bit! You're right, it smells like shit and diesel! Take care and watch out for the rockets! We need to go fish in when you get back!Rockets! Some things never change! Man, I don't miss those pain in the ass things!!!!Used to get them 2 or 3 times a night every other night or so.They hit the end of the female barracks over near the boardwalk and put several holes in some of my soldiers while they were in the shower!I do kinda miss the comradery of being there. You count on your buddies more than you ever thought possible to help get you through that year! I've had a hell of a time readjusting to home and even going fishing is hard to do. I think I've been twice since coming back and one of them was in aDH stream (and that don't count)!The things people think are important over here, really are'nt. Damn...I'm rambling! Keep your head down and hurry home!

"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

phg

Brian, good to hear from you.  I can't really add anything, though.  Just keep your head down and hang tough.  We'll see you when you get stateside again.

cmiller51h

Yeah, the Canadians were at TFK when I was there, 10th Mnt was just getting there when I left. You'd think the jibs would have the sence to lay low for a while then our great commander in cheese would declare a victory and bring us all home in time to save the elections! But it's not to be. If we're gunna fight lets do it and quite wasting lives and equipment on nothing. It's bad when the enlisted see we don't have a real plan!Obammy has'nt got a clue on how to fight a war. But he's great at kiss in ass andsayin how sorry we are to a bunch of stone age cavemen! Hang tough there man, I'm waiting for this year to be over quick and my son back home!!! Hit me up when you get back and we'll talk about the shithole, drink some beer and do a little fish in!

"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Darthmonkey

Yeah when the IED/EFP problem began to die down and actionable intelligence on weapons movements from the border in Iraq started to die there was a growing trend in Afghanistan. Didn't take anyone two brain cells to figure out who is behind weapons shipments into that OE. Mad respect to those route clearance dudes, and the CIED/HUMINT/EWO/Fusion cells doing what they do to make the job of being a booger eater more difficult.
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.

Stone-Man

Thanks for serving your country

Well spoken  --  John

Here is a flick of Darthmonkey  just to show you that anybody can catch a goodern when they have the right man on the oars

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

JT