News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Flying dogs and fish TR

Started by OldDominionAngler, November 28, 2011, 23:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldDominionAngler

I had some time off during the holiday break so I took it.  Headed to the Valley with a few friends to keep a 3-year tradition going in chasing stubby-nosed bows the day before Thanksgiving.

The morning was unseasonably warm and overcast and the cornfed bows obliged.

Late afternoon it turned gusty and cold and we called it a day.  Grabbed some coffee and headed back up 81 for family activities.

After turkey, sweet potatoes, cranberry relish and pecan pie, headed north over the river to Frederick for a tour of Flying Dog Brewery and to catch a concert.  100,000 bottles a day sounds impressive to me.

Coffee stout in a cask.  Roy Rogers, then too many hipsters at the bar, but Cotton Jones was good.

Headed into the woods with the boy the next morning.  Worked hard for handful of brookies, ran into a bear and a bunch of turkeys, set up camp, sat around the fire, dog broke a tent pole, sleeping pad deflated, back got sore, drove home and called it a holiday.

Now off to finish some swap flies.

flatlander

benben reincarnated

Good chit man.  Solid report.  Nice brookie suckage.

Never had the Flying Dog beer, that I know of at least, might have to try it when I see it.

rbphoto

QuoteWorked hard for handful of brookies, ran into a bear and a bunch of turkeys, set up camp, sat around the fire, dog broke a tent pole, sleeping pad deflated, back got sore, drove home and called it a holiday.

Sounds like my kind of holiday!

Flying Dog and that Celebration Ale are top notch!

Nice report!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Grannyknot

Very nice trip report.
That coffee stout looks good.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Jfey

Nice TR.  The Sierra Nevada Celebration is quite tasty.   -0-
Yup, going fishing

Transylwader

You sure like that Flying hound doncha?
Sweet pix as usual, reminds me of what I am missing...fuggers ;)

fish_junkie

love the pics and the song, right on brotha 'c;
Fly Fish Stoned