News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

another video of the day....

Started by Woolly Bugger, November 09, 2011, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

franzenangler

:o Holy shit!!! I would have dove on that thing too! That water is pretty skinny for a fish like that
"Whatch'all boys doing around here?"

"I AM THE TRANSYL WADER!"

"I don't give a shit who you are boy, I asked whatcha doin'"

"That's it boy, you're in a heap of trouble."

Holmes

Transylwader

That was fucking awesome!
Petey, why don't we ask our resident Dr Phildo (brown trout guru) what it's legal status is p;-

Big J

That is a beast of a brown.  I think anyone would call it a day after a fish like that. 

Jfey

Guess that shoots down the myth that big browns can only be caught at night with streamers or mice patterns 'c;

Yup, going fishing

The Dude

Judging by the size of the net he brought with him, plus the fact that he set up a video recording, I suspect he knew that fish was in there and set out to catch it.  But it appeared that the fish was even bigger than he guessed once he hooked it.  Fish of a lifetime..........

I certainly enjoyed watching him catch it in the video, but I wonder how many locals were able to hot spot that creek and/or run and have since headed out in droves with everything from fly rods to nightcrawlers to snag hooks or even siene nets?  I wonder if that fish is still swimming in those waters today?  I truly hope so, because that sure was a beautiful creature.  But hell, if the Davidson can withstand the pressure that it gets (from ALL types of anglers - whether they are within the regs or not), and still produce fish if a similar size then maybe, just maybe, that stream could handle it, too.

Nature has a way, you know........
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Awesome ass chit. 

I laughed out loud when he dove for the fish, I would have flubbed it before I even got him that close.

Phil