News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Video of the day...

Started by Holmes, November 02, 2011, 12:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

pretty exciting finish to the Kentucky Derby ...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

jwgnc

Rich Strike was full of himself after the race, much to the dismay of the outrider and his pony.  Bites the pony a few times, grabs the outrider's right rein in his mouth.  Outrider pulling to get the rein out causes the pony to rear.  Yikes.  I've ponied a couple race horses: had a stallion try to mount my pony, but never had one bite this much. 

At about 1:25 toward the end of the video, he gets one more bite in - You cannot view this attachment.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

They said it would be fun...

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Also the full Kentucky Derby is pretty amazing ...

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

Woolly Bugger

Dem Green River Rats are crazy
me -There's a season?

Onslow

The entrance to Gorilla, the rapid shown in the video below is enough to make one puke.  The river chokes tight, plunges down a sticky a backender chute, and there is near zero time for one to get composed before being tossed over the top.  The water flow in this vid looks juicy, this probably due to highish flows coming down Hungry River.  Navigating a slot 4' wide atop of a class V rapid with 350 cfs pushing through it ain't for the faint of heart.

View from the driver's seat

Oh, then once you get hurled over the main plunge, speed trap (just upstream of the dude doing clean up), stops many dead in their tracks, spits them out only to be faced with three back to back ledges 10' with nasty hydraulics.

I only ran Pillow Rock (Upper Gauley)nonce, but is one heck of a rapid, and the best ride I've ever been on.  The wave action near the bottom is awesome.  Lots of speed and energy in this rapid.

Glad to have gotten out of the business though. Two of my former paddling mates are dead.

John was decapitated here in 2004.  Met him paddling Whitetop Laurel 1996.

3.55 is where it happened.

Bill died on the WF French Broad.

Pablo Perez died here I believe in 97.  I was with a crew paddling nearby the same day.  I wanted to paddle this section, but was outvoted, and we went to the NF French Broad instead. Pablo was a pro (racer), was caught in a strainer at the ledges early in the vid. Said deadfall was due to recent snowfall. It could've been .....

They guy paddling in this vid died in Washington. Reportedly a strainer incident.

Dee-Vo

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Alewives heading up Mill Brook to Highland Lake
The fish run, highly visible at the Mill Brook Preserve in Westbrook, is on and could continue for anywhere from days to a month.

>>>The alewives migration is back in full swing this season, a phenomenon that draws thousands of visitors to the Mill Brook Preserve in Westbrook each year.

The alewives were first spotted last week, and the run is expected to last anywhere from a week to a month as the fish make their way from Casco Bay and upstream through the preserve to lay eggs in Highland Lake in Windham.

The migration is most visible where Mill Brook pools, attracting hundreds of fish that circle before making their way farther upstream.

https://www.pressherald.com/2022/06/01/alewives-heading-up-mill-brook-to-highland-lake/
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

@streamereater_101691 , don't watch, he's using a Helios 3 rod...
me -There's a season?