News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Video of the day...

Started by Holmes, November 02, 2011, 12:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Onslow

Onslow

Woolly Bugger

Karen on the golf course...

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 08, 2021, 12:08:14 PMKaren on the golf course...

Guessing they got her for not staying on the cart path.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on December 08, 2021, 12:08:14 PMKaren on the golf course...

UNLIMITED; THIS LADY MAY BE A BRFFFIAN?

Onslow

I've fished some of the Deep. Floated the 6 mile section below Ramseur several times, a short section below Randleman, a small section below Coleridge, and between Howards Mill Rd, and Bear Creek. The latter thus far has treated me the best. Fish Whisperer has fished all up and down the Glendon area down to the confluence of the Rocky.  The flat sections down low are awash with bass.  Roanokes stack up at Coleridge, and High Falls dam in the Spring.

White Pine Preserve is worth visiting.  The Rocky enters in there.  The Rocky is rough as heck down low.  Not sure if wading is feasible in the Deep down that way.  It is a bit rocky, so it well may be provided the water flows are not high.

Lot of history here as well.  This river was polluted horribly during the textile age, but is alive and kicking, and has some quite remote sections w/minimal access.

High Falls dam is halfway down.  Above and below fish well.  I've done a TR covering Howards Mill down to near Johnson Ford Rapid

The bassiest section is reportedly mid way through part 6.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Dougfish

"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

trout-r-us

Quote from: Dougfish on February 04, 2022, 15:47:34 PMAn ode to February:

https://twitter.com/TaylorLorenz/status/1489692528475398150?t=BoRuoFbIuauvMZzDjfU0Fw&s=19

He didn't mention the good things about February, such as the anadromous fishes that will be entering some of our rivers.
I always thought of Ash Wednesday as more of a holy day than a holiday. And Ash Wednesday is in March.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus