Namibia Africa Safari - Day 3 continues.

Started by Al, July 13, 2023, 14:09:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

I give up - I'm just too dumb to figure out the photo thing -

Sorry for the delay in posting this – got a call from my NH hometown that my high school girlfriend and still very good friend has just entered into home hospice. Her daughter called and asked me to come up while she is still coherent. Sad but I'm glad I went.

Namibia Africa - Day 3 continues.

Started off with coffee at the lodge at 4pm. Then to shooting range. You'd be proud of me. I nailed the targets with 6.5 Creedmoor and 7mm.

Then we took tour of the back 40 near headquarters. I had the opportunity to shoot springbok but they are skittish and did not offer a good shot. Saw lots of other species, sable, wildebeest, water buck zebra, giraffe,Wart Hog, Gemsbok and others.

Sunset at our PH Dicky's favorite spot with tailgate cocktails. Back to lodge. Hot towel handed to us by one of the lady helpers. Then firepit brandy. Delightful dinner.

Now back at villa where the bed is turned down and a hot water bottle under sheets at bottom of the bed. Coffee at 0730 tomorrow then off for some serious looking for game.

Love this - getting spoiled for sure

You cannot view this attachment.

Woolly Bugger

Sorry about your friend.

What a great African adventure

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Al

I assume Woolly is helping me with the photos. Thanks Bossman.

I'll try to post more tomorrow - I'll try to wrap it up in a couple days so it does not become too stale.