News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Camera's?

Started by lostnwilderness, May 15, 2011, 12:10:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

I've been happy with Pentax W60.  It is more camera than I'll ever figure out...
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

JA

I have a pentax w90 and other than it does take crappy pics indoors I love it. I got it for outdoors and it takes great pics. I have played with the setting some to get it where I like it. I know most guys dont do this, but it hepled me by reading the manual.

The Dude

Does anyone use one of the Panasonic DMC-TS* cameras?  I found a good bargain on a TS3 and went ahead and picked it up.  I'd like to try 'er out this weekend, but not sure if I'll get the chance.  I'd appreciate it if anybody has determined good custom settings for it, such as BigJ provided for the Pentax Optio earlier in the thread.  I am too stupid to figure that kind of thing out on my own.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Holmes

Quote from: The Dude on October 27, 2011, 15:39:10 PM
Does anyone use one of the Panasonic DMC-TS* cameras?  I found a good bargain on a TS3 and went ahead and picked it up.  I'd like to try 'er out this weekend, but not sure if I'll get the chance.  I'd appreciate it if anybody has determined good custom settings for it, such as BigJ provided for the Pentax Optio earlier in the thread.  I am too stupid to figure that kind of thing out on my own.

I haven't but let us know what you find out. I have an olympus stylus right now which is pretty decent, but a new camera next year couldn't hurt.

Transylwader

Quote from: The Dude on October 27, 2011, 15:39:10 PM
It's got GPS imprint option :o perfect for hot spotting >:D
Dude, you do know that you could spend time photochopping the hell out of the pix to enhance the look, but that would rob you of drinking/banging time -0-

natureboy

I've had a Pentax Optio Wp and Olympus Stylus Tough.  I thought the Pentax took better pics, but ended up with a cracked housing, so it got retired as a stream camera.  The Olympus has lived up to its name, it has taken a beating and is still clicking.

troutphisher

I still use an older Pentex optio W30. The macro setting is easy on the fly button, and it takes pretty good images under water even on standard settings.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.