News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

GPS

Started by FoulHook, October 31, 2011, 21:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FoulHook

I'm looking at 3 different handheld GPS. Just wondering if anyone has used either of these and can offer advise.

Delorme Earthmate PN-60 - $250

Garmin Oregon 450t - $400

Garmin eTrex 20 - $185

The Delorme is what I'm leaning towards just based on looking at features, and it seems to pack a lot of bells and whistles for a reasonable price, which is closer to what my wallet can afford.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Transylwader

Quote from: FoulHook on October 31, 2011, 21:36:48 PM
I'm looking at 3 different handheld GPS. Just wondering if anyone has used either of these and can offer advise.

Delorme Earthmate PN-60 - $250

Garmin Oregon 450t - $400

Garmin eTrex 20 - $185

The Delorme is what I'm leaning towards just based on looking at features, and it seems to pack a lot of bells and whistles for a reasonable price, which is closer to what my wallet can afford.
You'll never find me, not even with a GPS. What you need is ARCGIS. http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgis-for-desktop/pricing.html
I'll recruit you to smite club, you'll have to sell meth out of the back of a truck parked at Coontree Parking lot. I hear Sycamore flats may be a good spot too. $7K don't come easy mate :P
Garmin 450T, it's the dogs bollocks mate  8)

benben reincarnated

That's some fancy stuff there Nick.  If my damn car weren't broken I'd be on the hunt for one myself.   b';

I'll just have to tag along with you and your fancy new GPS in the meantime.

Al

I did the research and settled on a Garmin 450T about 3 months ago which was on sale from Gander Mtn (Online) for $299.  Actually $399 but it came with a $100 rebate certificate which I sent in and Garmin sent me the $100.  I just looked and it is now $449 so suggest you watch for sales - should be able to get it for less if you are not in a hurry.

I'm still trying to figure it out but it got me out of the deep woods after dark when everything looks the same about a week ago.  I'd probably still be going around in circles if it were not for my GPS.  Just remember to punch in where you park your vehicle or it won't take you back to it

FoulHook

Al, Tranny told me about the deal you got. You are pretty lucky. The only way I could afford the Oregon 450 is if it was on a similar sale. I'll keep on the lookout though.
Quote from: Transylwader on June 03, 2011, 21:56:17 PM
The Davidson. It's full of wild fish.

Peddler

The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

natureboy

I have the Delorme PN-20, I really like the maps that come with it and it's pretty easy to use.  Primarily use it for hunting.

Holmes

The garmin oregon 450t has been flawless. I got mine for 299 dollars refurbished off ebay. It really picks up a signal nicely, except for in really deep canyons. But for normal bluelining scenarious, it's perfect. It's helped me pick up some sweet new routes around some of the trail-less blue lines in SNP. -0-